Busco Beach in NC, October 6-8, 2017

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC, October 6-8, 2017

Give us some reports on Busco and some pictures starting Thur.!!

question, where is everyone camping and or meeting up? i'm leaving camp lajeune tomorrow afternoon and i would hate to miss the early action.

It changes from time to time but start by looking at the front near the showers. If you don't see anyone there, work your way back around the wash station and hang a right. Back near the trees is where others park. It has tended to get spread out over the past few times but you can usually find someone fairly quickly.

sounds good, just picked up a truck bed of fire wood, looking forward to seeing everyone.

oct. busco report ... the crowd was small but enthusiastic !!! the main trails thursday and friday were very dusty. if you were behind someone you could hardly see ! the trails in the woods were not bad. less mud holes but the larger ones that still had water in them were brutal !! the mud was like soft ''clay'' and just grabbed the machines and held on. lot's of pulling out.... thanks deedemember beinge and chris, and john and scott for the holes they helped with. those ''tanks'' get the job done. super great ride thursday nite led by rick. one spot where we had to go thru almost everyone had to be winched. the ''tanks'' were'nt there but raymond ''dillydally'' had a big comealong that did the trick. another super ride friday nite led by argo jim. places i did'nt recognize. rain some saturday afternoon and got rid of the dust. nice day rides then and saturday nite again. even though it was dry,the was no lack of challenging mud places. the holes were deeper rutted and after the showers were super slick. try and straddle the deep ruts and then just slide down in them. overall it was another fun times with great friends. and not wituout breakdowns as always. we missed the others..maybe see you in april. i think john and scoott got some short videos. later, johnboy va.

JohnBoy, you could not have said it better. Dilly had some excitement with a SXS he can tell you if he would like. Thanks to AJ for letting Kris and I join the Chaney family on the Saturday night ride. John of Scott/John is really becoming the Argo driver. I followed him threw some good mud and he never slowed down. Argo/Adairs in mud, hard to beat. Like always we had a great time.

I had another GREAT time! The lessons and modifications from the spring ride were a huge improvement for the Max. Thanks to JB and AJ for the help with the clutch and belt adjustments. Also, running 4 psi vs 0 has made her more capable. Rain or shine; wet or dry, there will always be challenges at Busco! It was awesome to see familiar and new faces, thanks and I pray everyone had safe travels.

We always have fun at Busco. It was very dry and the mud was thick and sticky. Lots of dust, but when the showers came Sat. and knocked down the dust. Smallest crowd yet for a 6x6 World gathering and our Sat. day trail ride only had 4 vehicles, so I did not get much video. Sat. night ride was fun and we got to ride with our friends from NJ so we had about 9 vehicles going through the trails at night. Everyone was getting stuck and Tommy almost lost a boot to the mud. I am going to purchase a snatch block to aid in winch recoveries! John got some GoPro night video he will be posting and I will post the little video I shot soon.
    Great to see everyone again!

Nice to see everyone who showed again this year and to meet (Ray)dillydally, thanks to all who pulled me and the 21's out all weekend. Like mentioned above very dry with hard to read suction peanut butter holes and pudding holes, Sundays ride became very interesting with the thick grease on top which by the night ride turned the trail to something worse than a popcorn ceiling texture as it dried. Rick and I wound up taking the HDI out on a successful search and rescue mission as a new neighbor, parked in Tommy's spot, asked us to go looking for a couple never there before and after thier 40 min ride around turned into a 5hour mess, we found them opposite of where the belonged (dune area) at the top of the power lines after sticking the machine at the nasty hole by the river fence.
    Again thanks to all, thanks to Martin for cooking and unneeded donations, and nice to see y'all again.

The spring ride needs some planning and hopefully better attendance as many regulars where busy for this gathering, perhaps a date will be set for members to plan on. Hopefully Cory is back stateside as it would be nice to see him again.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I'm looking forward to the video. Did Doug & Dan make it this time?

+ Reply to Thread