Haspin acres??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haspin acres??

Haspin acres??

Looking for some feedback on haspin acres? Who's been there and what's your opinions? Will give it a go based on you fellow 6x6ers reviews. 3.5 hour ride which is no issue at all.
    Don't be bashful. Let's hear it guys and gals. LOL
    THANKS
    Dave

Nobody's been there??

Dave, I was there once. It was a great place to ride with lots of hills and some mud. However I wouldn't camp there again. Anything goes. There was quads with loud pipes riding until about 3 AM. Two quads were stolen and a gas can out of our camp. There's no rules. Or at least not enforced. I think Insane Terrain offers better riding and as you know Pine Lake is always a class act. Just wish it was closer. This is my opinion.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    Dave, I was there once. It was a great place to ride with lots of hills and some mud. However I wouldn't camp there again. Anything goes. There was quads with loud pipes riding until about 3 AM. Two quads were stolen and a gas can out of our camp. There's no rules. Or at least not enforced. I think Insane Terrain offers better riding and as you know Pine Lake is always a class act. Just wish it was closer. This is my opinion.
    Thanks tbone.I thought I remembered that story but your bad experiance was at the badlands.that's only 75 miles from my house and not sure how 6x6 friendly it is,havnt been there in years!!

No it was at Haspin. November 2014. There were several of us. I've never been to Badlands.

Back around 2000 to 2010 we had a group around 15 or so six wheelers that would get together and ride at Haspin 4 times a year. John Schwab made many videos of our rides. Haspin is a great place to ride six and eight wheelers. You can find any type of terrain from mudd, water, hills, flat trails, or make your own. The riding is great but camping can be at your own risk. It's a no rules kink of place. Everyone there is friendly but you do have some people over the years cause problems. Overall it is a great place to go. Make sure you check out the lay of the land as the trails and hills change often with rain and you can find yourself facing a straight drop off at times. Ride with care and caution. Also mentioned in this thread is the Badlands in Attica Indiana. This is also a great place to ride. They have a nice stream that you can play in with your AATV and many good trails. A few years ago they opened up a camp ground right next to the front gate. The camp ground is very well kept. The only disadvantage to Badlands is the short riding hours. Haspin is 24 hours 7 days a week, Badlands has only daylight hours. Check their website before making the trip.
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Thanks Matt. The badlands is close. Day trip would be easy!!

Here's some videos from Haspin. It's under 2 hours from my campus. If you end up going on a weekend I'm free, I'll gladly meet you there. Haspin is my favorite off-road park in the midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O. View Post
    Back around 2000 to 2010 we had a group around 15 or so six wheelers that would get together and ride at Haspin 4 times a year. John Schwab made many videos of our rides. Haspin is a great place to ride six and eight wheelers. You can find any type of terrain from mudd, water, hills, flat trails, or make your own. The riding is great but camping can be at your own risk. It's a no rules kink of place. Everyone there is friendly but you do have some people over the years cause problems. Overall it is a great place to go. Make sure you check out the lay of the land as the trails and hills change often with rain and you can find yourself facing a straight drop off at times. Ride with care and caution. Also mentioned in this thread is the Badlands in Attica Indiana. This is also a great place to ride. They have a nice stream that you can play in with your AATV and many good trails. A few years ago they opened up a camp ground right next to the front gate. The camp ground is very well kept. The only disadvantage to Badlands is the short riding hours. Haspin is 24 hours 7 days a week, Badlands has only daylight hours. Check their website before making the trip.
    Hopefully you can get the band back together. Even if it's got new members. I really like the fact you can camp there. Maybe we just went on an off night. The owners let us park under the pavilion which was great.
    Last edited by tbone9; 09-26-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks to all that replied, will try to get down there this fall if time permits!! Pine Lake is a for sure for me though!

+ Reply to Thread