River Run ATV Park video,s

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: River Run ATV Park video,s

[QUOTE ] That looked like an excellent AATV proving gound. Next time why don't you try to get a couple of the high lifted quads to try and follow you through! [ QUOTE]

mightymaxIV ,

Every time boncrshr and I find a very challenging mud hole to drive our amphibs through , none of the 4-wheeler riders watching us want to try it themselves . Even the high lifted , big tire atv riders won,t try to follow us . I think they have either tried these same mud holes themselves and failed to make it through , or after they see the struggle we go through driving through them , they put this idea out of their head .

[QUOTE ] That little MaxII of Noel's was quite impressive in the mud! [ QUOTE]

mightymaxIV ,

Yes it was ! The more we go to River Run Park and continue to find more and more challenging mud trails , the more I,m convinced that a lighter weight amphib ( lower psi ), has a better advantage in the mud .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-01-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Looks like Gustav is going to soak your area, guys. Good luck
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Nice videos guys. Mudbug, noticed you had your waders on. Can't loose your shoes that way. I was waiting for your Max to hook up & leaving you standing in the mudhole. You running after your Max in your waders would have been some action footage we've never seen before.

Whipper

[ quote ] your max with tracks will leave that hoot

rdr ,

I have talked to Ray Kolis and another man in Canada who are both Hoot dealers. I have also talked at length to both of them about the Hoot and what it could do . There is a big oil company in Canada and all of the amphibs that they have bought for checking pipe lines , have been Argo 8x8,s , until recently when the Hoot was introduced in Canada . This same oil campany is now buying Hoot ETV,s because they are more cost effective than an Argo 8x8 with tracks . In the muskege bogs a Hoot equiped with only Frontier tires will often go places in the muskege that the Argo Avengers won,t even with tracks . This would also include a Max IV with tracks too I,m sure . Ray told me that once an amphib drives through the soft muskege , very often another amphib can,t follow them in the same spot . This gives you an idea just how soft the muskege is ! The Hoot ETV is often able to go places in the Muskege that even a tracked Avenger can,t follow . This is because of the light psi of the Hoot . Rays friend has been an Argo dealer for about 18 yrs , and this is what he told me . He now sells both the Argo line of amphibs and the Hoot ETV for hunters who want to drive deeper into the bush with out resorting to a chain saw as much . Because of the narrowness of the Hoot you can use body english to a much better advantage when compared to a 6x6 or an 8x8 . I notice this each and every time that I take my Max IV to River Run Park with Noels Max II and boncrshr,s Hustler 950 . Both of these amphibs have lower psi than my Max IV . In the deep mud with about 6-8 inches water on top , I have to work more in my heavier Max IV .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 04-26-2009 at 01:43 PM.

[QUOTE=whipper-ag;21748]Nice videos guys. Mudbug, noticed you had your waders on. Can't loose your shoes that way. I was waiting for your Max to hook up & leaving you standing in the mudhole. You running after your Max in your waders would have been some action footage we've never seen before.

Whipper ,

Yes I always have my waders on at River Run park . I have never went there and not gotten out of my Max IV to either push myself , Noel,s Max II or boncrshr,s Hustler 950 . The mud was so soft and deep in the Suicide Hole that I fell forward some times trying to walk in it . As thick and soft as the mud was in that hole I had plenty of time to pull the plastic zip tie loop off the throttle . With out that zip tie though ,,I could not have crossed it at all . I learned this trick watching Roger in one of John Swchabs videos .

Yeah, I'll second that the quads are content to sit around and watch us play in the mud. I am so glad we started going to these ATV parks because it answered a lot of questions about quad vs. amphib in the mud, and in reality there is no comparison. People are always so curious about our machines....I honestly think if more people knew what they were capable of that they would buy them.

Max is really missing the boat, they should have a marketing vehicle that does nothing but hit the mud parks on the weekends. Show what the vehicles can do and let people drive them through the mud holes....you would sell some for sure. MattO has an awesome product and reads this board, and BW6 has the Hoot dealership, this would be great marketing for them too. These serious mud guys will spend the money for the performance.

This past weekend there were more people at this park than I have ever seen. 400 ATV's had arrived Saturday alone, with more camping on Friday and more coming after we did. We saw some crazy 4-wheelers that people spent some serious money on....all I could think was Man, you coulda had a MudOx, Max, Hoot, Argo, etc.......and I do realize there are some people that like the quads for comfort and low maintenance, but that was not these guys...29" Outlaws, big lift kits, Gorilla axles, snorkels, etc do not make comfortable maintenance free machines...that's pure mudding there.

Oh yeah, the coolest looking non-amphib machine we saw was a lifted Razor with big Outlaws on it...he would not play with us because he had broken a CV joint in the long mud pit at about the 2:30 mark in the second video above. Which we both walked right through....

Last thought on Saturday is that it was a good day to be in the South...that is if you like tons of girls in bikini tops, Daisy Dukes, and knee high rubber boots!! Can I get a Yee-Haw???
    Hammers should have warning labels.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    [ quote ] your max with tracks will leave that hoot

rdr ,

I have talked to Ray Kolis and another man in Canada who are both Hoot dealers. I have also talked at length to both of them about the Hoot and what it could do . There is a big oil company in Canada and all of the amphibs that they have bought for checking pipe lines , have been Argo 8x8,s , until recently when the Hoot was introduced in Canada . This same oil campany is now buying Hoot ETV,s because they are more cost effective than an Argo 8x8 with tracks . In the muskege bogs a Hoot equiped with only Frontier tires will often go places in the muskege that the Argo Avengers won,t even with tracks . This would also include a Max IV with tracks too I,m sure . Ray told me that once an amphib drives through the soft muskege , very often another amphib can,t follow them in the same spot . This gives you an idea just how soft the muskege is ! The Hoot ETV is often able to go places in the Muskege that even a tracked Avenger can,t follow . This is because of the light psi of the Hoot . Rays friend has been an Argo dealer for about 18 yrs , and this is what he told me . He now sells both the Argo line of amphibs and the Hoot ETV for hunters who want to drive deeper into the bush with out resorting to a chain saw as much . Because of the narrowness of the Hoot you can use body english to a much better advantage when compared to a 6x6 or an 8x8 . I notice this each and every time that I take my Max IV to River Run Park with Noels Max II and boncrshr,s Hustler 950 . Both of these amphibs have lower psi than my Max IV . In the deep mud with about 6-8water on top , I have to work more in my heavier Max IV .
    with tracks your ground pressurs is almost 3/4 pond persq in .so i doin't thing the hoot has less gp than that .+++++++ 15 in wide tracks spread it out a lot more than 12 in wide tires . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Hey Robbie,

It's funny a lot of us are starting to think along the same line...JPSwift and I were on the phone the other day, I went out and measured my contact patch as best I could, multiplied by 6 and divided my estimated weight. I think I was about 1.2psi.

And yesterday, me and Mudbug were trying to figure out where you can weigh your amphib?? Thoughts anyone??...the original Hustler brochures said 800lbs, but I honestly don't believe I am much over 700...

The waders are a great tool...not only for staying dry, but ticks, mosquitoes, etc. I need to get me a light pair like Dave, I only have the thick insulated ones.
    Hammers should have warning labels.

jest looked up the specks to the hoot it is 725 lbs with 22 - 11- x8 so a max 11 has the same amount of GP as a hoot . loks like a nice mechine not kicking it at all but with the same amount of GP as a max 11 . it should be right equal . and those 12 in wide tracks vs a 15 on the max or 18 on argo . they should have less GP than 12 . right .. robbie .
    Last edited by rdr; 09-01-2008 at 02:27 PM.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

+ Reply to Thread