Busco Beach ride in N.C. - Oct 10-12

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach ride in N.C. - Oct 10-12

Busco Beach ride in N.C. - Oct 10-12

We have planned a new ride in North Carolina for the weekend of October 11th. Some of us are planning on going down Friday the 10th and staying until Sunday the 12th. If you haven't been on a ride and can make it I encourage you to come out and ride with some other AATVs even if just for a day. We always have fun and love meeting others from the site.

Here's the info:

When:
    Oct. 10th - 12th, 2008

Where:
    Busco Beach off road park in Goldsboro, NC.

Here is a Google map of Busco Beach so you can see how far it is from where you live: Map of Busco Beach

Here is a link to their website: Busco Beach

They offer:

- A mud pit
    - 1500 acres of trails
    - Bath houses with bathrooms and hot showers
    - A concession stand
    - A game room
    - A fishing lake stocked with bass
    - An air station for airing up tires

Cost:

$5 entrance fee per person
    $10 per ATV that you bring

Primitive Camping - $5 a night
    RV camping w/ hookup - $25 a night

Park Rules:

I just got off the phone with Busco Beach and they said the only rule that they are strict on is that everyone must wear a helmet.

I look forward to meeting some of you from the site that I haven't met yet and getting in some good 6x6 riding. I have the event added to the calender so that you can get an email reminder if you need it. Here's that link: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/calen...day=2008-10-10

**** I have removed the 13 pages of "planning" posts so that this thread can concentrate on pictures and videos. ****
    Last edited by Mike; 12-22-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Busco Beach Gauntlet

I would like to thank everyone for the really great time I had at Busco Beach I got to meet Don and his son (AATEX-Hustler Bigfoot) George (ATTEX Springer) Robbie, his wife and son Hunter (MaxIV) Lewis (Argo Avenger) of course McCoy and Mike were there also a very cool older Argo 8x8 (sorry I don't remember the owners name-but he was a really cool guy). Anyway thanks to Robbie and his wife for feeding us really well! Thanks to Lewis who pulled me out of the woods at the end of the day when my chain snapped. I hardy got to see McCoy but I did get to see Robbie's very impressive stock MaxIV which seemed to eat everything in it's way and Lewis's Avenger.
    I had a great time and with a full day of riding I think I only got to see about a third of the park. There were many, many, mud holes and every kind of cool mud,lot's of water and sand, lot's of quads to pull out of the mud etc. I really enjoyed it! The mud pits weren't even a challege for us!Here a video of the gauntlet but really this wasn't one of the more challenging mud holes!

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 10-12-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Dan,

Thanks for posting this video for those of us who could not go. That tire combination that you,re now running on your Max IV did pretty well in the "Gauntlet " I,d say.

I,ve watched several Busco Beach video,s ,and that looks like a great place for an amphib get together. I would have loved to go this weekend , but for me its about 1,018 miles from where I live. Thats one long drive there and back when you have no one to share the driving.

Busco Beach Ride.

Guys if you missed this one you missed a great time.

Thanks to Mike & Jennifer, Robbie & Allison & Hunter(my co-pilot), McCoy, Brian, Steven and Adrien and our way out of town visitors.

George: Thanks for bringing the springer and letting us all drive it and now, we want one too.!!!! Enjoyed meeting you and hanging out together.

Dan: Enjoyed the ride, glad to meet you and biscuit. Hate you had to leave early. Can't wait to do it again. Loved the video

Don: Loved it, enjoyed meeting you and your two fine young men. Love the machines, that Bud racer was awesome thanks for the ride.
    Bud: Can't wait to see the pictures George took. That was awesome
    Q: Keep that throttle hammered. You did great. The Dark Avenger.

We had food, fellowship and loads and loads of fun, i highly recommend this place, with friends.

There were tons of pictures/movies taken. Whipper get the board ready i think there are a few additions No names yet until the pictures are posted.

The owners at Busco were great host, as we came in they knew where to send us so we were all together as a group.

I had a great time. Can't wait till the next ride.

Exclamation

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to everyone who came to Busco. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. We had Mud, Sand, Dunes, Lakes, A Springer, A Racer, Argos, Maxes, A Hustler, A night ride, 3 Bent Axles, 5 Broken Beads, and 3 Burned Fingers (Darn Ether). Not to mention the food (I think I gained 10 lbs.). Busco is a great place to ride amphibs, there was terrain for every machine. I'll let Don & George chime in and give their review of the place.

McCoy

Like A Jake Brake On A Cummins!

amen to lewis and mcCoy . we had the greatest time ever !!!!! to george and don and boys thank you all for coming down. dan and biscuitit it was great to ride with everybody . it was wounderful . just to short .as time went to running faster than don's racer .the ride in the springer was out of this world .thanks george . we had food for a army . we had steak ribs chicken chili for supper eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, home made . eastern nc bbq for lunch . it was one not to be missed . thanks form all the carolina boys for making busco beach .a fantastic weekend with wounderful 6x6 world members . robbie
    Last edited by rdr; 10-12-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Busco!

The boys and I got home bruised and sore, the machines are bent and broken, and we had the time of our lives! Many, many thanks to our gracious hosts, the "Carolina Boys" (and girls as well). It was great to meet you all in person, and we'll be back for sure. I haven't eaten that much great food in years- we can't come back until we can work the extra weight off! The park is a wonderful place to ride and the people there were great. We'll have to make it a regular stop. The night ride was a blast and the playtime in the dunes Sunday morning was outstanding! What a great weekend!

I have a new-found respect for Argos. Thanks for letting us run your machines, especially puttin up with the boys' constant requests for stick time. You've got a great group started and I hope it expands and stays as friendly and fun as it is now.

Thanks again guys, see you next time!
    Pics and videos to come
    Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Just talk to George. He's still got 3 more hours of driving before he's home. He's says he's got tons of pics & videos. Can't wait to see them, and he sure did talk a lot about the great Southern hospitality. Looks like this could turn into a annual event?

Whipper

+ Reply to Thread