Newbie hoping to get my first 6x6, Finally

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Newbie hoping to get my first 6x6, Finally

Pics

Some pics
    Attached Images
    DanW

Almost ready to ride! Getting really anxious, this is when I have to control myself on cutting corners to just get going. I want it to be done "right". Thanks for all the help and encouragement along the way. It would have been much harder without the help from the folks on here and on 6x6talk and countless hours of reading post after post to learn as much as I could over the course of the last year.
    Attached Images
    DanW

Glad its coming together for you. Did you incorporate a chair lift as a just in case?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Glad its coming together for you. Did you incorporate a chair lift as a just in case?
    I did not, but on the plus side I have a hospital style chair I can fold up and strap on the back if need be, I'll mostly be hunting with friends and if I'm trail riding there will more than likely be a group. As much as I'd like to just jump in and go I have to keep in mind my limitations and have a little restraint which is gonna be really tough when the snow flies and I wanna go play. I'm hoping it's reliable since it's all new mechanicals now, it's gonna take a few hours before I trust it though. Next rebuild I think I'm going to upgrade to inner bearings, hoping to get at least a year out of the bushings.
    DanW

That’s great. Hope your maiden voiyage goes well.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

maybe I missed it, what motor did you end up going with?

Quote Originally Posted by gagnon07 View Post
    maybe I missed it, what motor did you end up going with?
    I ended up getting a electric start duromax 18hp Honda clone, but I couldn't leave well enough alone and put a header, intake, billet rod, flat top piston, Vegas carts torque cam, longer pushrods, 35# springs and champion shaft rockers. The engine was on sale for 269.99 if I remember correctly, it was from a place called maxtools.com. with having my block fixed I think I'm in the engine for around 600bucks. If it lasts it was a good deal if not well I guess I'm s.o.l.
    DanW

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    That’s great. Hope your maiden voiyage goes well.
    Me too, I have a couple small things I want to do, like add a link to the one jackshsft, it's a bit on the tight side when it's adjusted enough to clear the driven clutch. And I purposefully put off getting the local bike shop making me a new throttle cable just so I can go through everything a couple more times to be sure all the details are in order. Now if all is well I'll be spending my extra pennies on .22 ammo to take out some whistle pigs for the farmer out the road, instead of parts lol.
    DanW

+ Reply to Thread