Busco Beach in NC April 15-17, 2011

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC April 15-17, 2011

well, we got back alive, barely. tornadoes within a couple miles of the house. I'm sure there will be pictures of my "experience" but we finally uncovered my 4 wheeler. Thanks to everyone for another great experience! hopefully I'll find 2 more wheels between now and october.

Wow! What a great day for riding! The sun was out, the mud was deep, the friends were plenty, and to top it off, we got to see a good portion of the SJAFB airshow directly overhead!!

Thanks again, everyone. I had a great time, and I hope to see you all in October.
    Check out my new YouTube channel, TWANGnBANG.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG

Got home at 8:30. 11 1/2 hours of driving to get home. Another hour and a half to unload the wifes car. Still have to load my car up for work in the morning as i had to empty it for her. Wouldn't trade those chores for the world. Thank you to everyone down there. Robbie and Lewis for the great food and driving me around on a few rides, mike and mark for the work on my machine, brian for the axle, help on my machine, and his wifes beef stew, and admin mike for hosting such a great time. I will be back to busco. Hope to get a few vide's up soon!!! I wanted to add an huge thank you to george who let me drive his springer!!!!!! Holy cow that thing is awsome! It is on my wish list for sure.
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 04-17-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I mainly took video this weekend but here are a few pictures I managed to snap:

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    Hey everyone this is ashley , Andy 's wife. We are are still on the road since we stopped in north Carolina to visit family. It was very nice to meet all of you. I had a lot of fun ! Can't wait to do it again soon. You all made me feel very welcome. The boys are excited to come back as well
    Take care.

We pulled in the driveway at about 11:30 last night. Tired, bruised and dirty. What a weekend. I see a solid week of cleaning in my future between the 3 (NASTY) machines, and our equally nasty camping gear. The new engines in the Bigfoot and Beth's max both ran great. Just a few minor issues that need to be worked through. Becky the destroyer did her best to empty the bucket of axles. The wolf came home on 5 wheels, but only because we couldn't get the wheel hub off the 2nd broken axle. Once I press it off and put it back on the machine, the wolf should be ready to go again.

Once again, great to ride with old friends and great to make new ones.

A huge thanks to everyone! for food, friendship, for working on my machines while I was working on somebody else's, For letting me get the big black limo stuck more, and dirtier than it has ever been, loaned tools, and parts. and especially to Alyssa for handling my buns (ps, Why is there a "Whoppie Pie" stuck to the back bumper of my truck???) I sound like a broken record, but this was once again the best Busco ever. Those who didn't make the ride were missed (except Lance... hope the Islands were good to you pal , oh and to Tom A... you suck Buddy!) I did the best I could to use the lessons I've learned from McCoy's Tire and Wrecker Service (thanks for the Eather Andy) Once again, no one was left in the woods, and I hope all made it home safely.
    Last edited by racerone3; 04-18-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Great weekend despite the weather

It was a quieter-than-usual ride home this time, but only because the boys both fell dead asleep for a good share of the trip. I'd like to thank everybody for all the help in wearing them out and giving me a chance to relax on the trip home.

What a great weekend! We had a blast. Thanks to everybody for all the help, food, parts, tools, etc all weekend long. Special thanks to Marc for letting me tag along with him in his Argo.

It was nice to see everybody once again and meet some new AATVers- hope everyone had fun and plans on coming back in the fall.

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Monday 3:16, just pulled in to the house. Wow! as usual a great ride, new site members joined us for their first Busco ride and familiar members it was great to once again meet and ride with you guys again. I know there will be site members that will be on the road most of the day so please be careful and have a safe journey home. The weather was a little disagreeable on Saturday but it made the trails great for the night ride and the Sunday rides. My hat is off to Race and McCoy(for their night ride leading)(McCoy hate you missed this one). One of the best night rides that i have been on. Have some pictures and movies, not as many pictures and videos as i would have like to have taken but there is enough for a video.

Looking forward to checking out the live feed videos, couldn't get them while we were there, Thanks Mike for that new feature!

Now the fun begins; cleaning up the machines and all the equipment.

Thanks to all that came....next ride October!

Although it was not in the cards for me to be able to get to be out with every one all weekend, we did make it on Sunday after cutting our way out of the wreckage the storm left for us, and as promised, I did show up with two machines that were not ready to come off the trailer. It was really fun just to get a chance to meet everyone and everyone made us welcome.

Special thanks to Race for being the Limo Driver, and George for being the tour guide. If you want to be spoiled let these guys ride you around Busco Beach in a stretch Argo, it just does not get any better.

It was awesome just to get a ride along with everyone. The tips and advice you have given me have gotten my projects this far and I know they will both be ready for the next ride. I am looking forward to it!

For everyone I did not get a chance to meet up with there will be lot's of chances to do it in the future, For everyone still on the road today I wish you safe travels,

Thanks again to you all.
    Every time I have to push 1... I buy 10 more bullets

Oh Brian... I love your buns! I claim no responsibility for the bumper.

I had a blast driving the tank trainer all weekend. Got the presentations I was working on all weekend presented and over-with today... much relief there. Can't wait for October!

I will post my pics soon!

+ Reply to Thread