Chain what kind???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chain what kind???

Chain what kind???

Ok boys lets get your imput i can get tsubaki,diamond or reynolds chain. Reynolds being most expensive followed by diamond and then tsubacki.what is everybody using and why?thanks ahead for the imput.i think 40 feet is enough to rechain my 96 conquest not???

i'm no expert but i don't think you can go wrong with any of them. i'm refurbishing my bigfoot and i got chain from buffalo bearings. it's chinese and was cheap. i went with it due to expense with the refurb, if i get a year or two out of it great. i was going to go with diamond as that was recommended to me but at the time the cost with all else was too much. can you tell me where you found the different brands and prices? i am going to go diamond next time. i believe 40' of chain should be plenty. hopefully someone with a conquest will pipe in as for quantity. the parts manuals will give you the lengths in terms of pins for all the sections needed, or measure from sprocket to sprocket and double it and add say a foot for around the sprockets and should give you a good idea of length. when i was looking into the diamond i know the could get them cut into the sizes i needed. hope this helps.

trevor

I have no experience with the Reynolds. I was always very happy with US Tsubaki, till I tried Daimond. The Diamond had very little initial stretch, and hardly ever requires adjustment. It has become my chain of choice.
    I would shy away from cheap chain. As it stretches, the pitch changes, and this can cause premature sprocket wear. Having to replace it again a year down the road won't be cheap and will get a lot more expensive if you have to replace a bunch of sprockets too. Just like tools, better to buy the good stuff once than the cheapies multiple times
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I've used the Tsubachi, and had good luck with it. It does stretch a bit when new, but with the tensioners on the Conquests, it's not much of an issue. I can get between 350 and 500hrs on that chain as long as I don't get too rediculous with the big loads. The last time I bought chain, it was a 100' Spool, and got it for between 5 and 6 hundred bucks (much cheaper by the spool). If I remember correctly, 40ft will do it, but if it's in 10ft lengths, you might have to link a couple pieces togeather with an extra Master to get everything done.

RD

Best price for a 50 foot roll is the tsubacki at 575.00 works out to 11.50 per foot.THAT WAY I ONLY HAVE 1 CONNECTING LINK.I WISH I COULD FIND THE 100 FOOTER FOR THAT PRICE.RD YOU GET SOME AWESOME DEALS YOU BETTER BUY A COUPLE LOTTO MAX TICKETS NOT.YOU MUST LIVE IN THE LAND OF MILK AND MONEY???

Anybody ever heard of drives chain??ag guys are selling it they say its us made and similar to diamond.anybody know anything about this?????they are using it on bailers.

I've never heard of it, but I did look at their website. It looks good, and they claim that it exceeds ALL industry standards. I would give it a try.

RD

Rd i think i am still goin to go with the tsubacki seems to be the best price so far..

Check ebay for new chain, offset link chain is the strongest single link wide and chain wears it dosent stretch Ive also bought from ag. supply.com

I used some "Drives" chain on the Rokon that I rebuilt last year, but sadly I had to sell the machine before I was able to get a good feel for the life of the chain.
    I just rebuilt a machine using Saphire, but only for cost reasons I got a 100 foot roll and will replace as needed before sprocket wear becomes an issue. if I ever get to a better financial situation, the first thing the machine will get is a roll of Diamond.. If money were no object, I would chose Diamond over Saphire or Tsubacki any day based on my experience with all 3
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread