Busco Beach in NC October 12-14, 2012

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC October 12-14, 2012

Hydromike, thanks for the info on the helmets. I will have to hurry up and find some helmets for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbplumber View Post
    Hydromike, thanks for the info on the helmets. I will have to hurry up and find some helmets for the kids.
    Good idea...

Just to clarify; their website says "A helmet is required all times you are on ATVs....<snip> ..." . It doesn't specifically say regulation DOT helmets, but I wouldn't push your luck with a bicycle helmets for the kids, only to find out the managment simply isn't being specific enough.

::EDIT::

I won't fight wearing a helmet if they're requiring it; it's their place and their rules. BUT.... loopholes abound:

"If you are on a utility vehicle (razor, rhino, commander, etc.), or a machine containing a roll bar, a helmet is optional."

'See that weasel-word "OR"? You don't get a whole heckuvalot more "utility" than the two tractors I'm bringing this time around. I'll wear my helmet; 'just sayin'.....
    Last edited by hydromike; 10-09-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Dan! or Lewis! Are one of you def going to see Ken before you head to Busco? I just called and paid for a drive-belt for my Conquest. Could one of you pick up the belt and bring it to Busco? I told them if someone comes in saying they needed a belt that's been paid for and needs to go to Busco, let it ride! Could one of you confirm that my belt can catch a ride with you?? Thanks!!!

When I spoke to the staff about helmets they never clarified about helmet type. I think they do understand that our machines will rarely exceed a slow crawl and it's probably not necessary, but out of fairness to other riders they will require it. (Unless you have a roll bar) So I'm thinking they won't be terribly strict about helmet type on our machines, I really think a biking helmet would suffice.

Last edited by gimmegreens336; 10-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Got the frame done! Going to bolt the cross bars on so it'll store smaller. Gotta get a coat of paint on her.

Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post

If your offering a machine, I do accept, I wont ever turn down a ride, besides, it'll be less stress on Dan's machine, since he's intially offered and has always been so hospitable.
    Fred, sorry if I mislead. I don't have a spare machine for this one. I'm still trying to get ours ready. Anything I can do for you parts wise, I will be glad to help!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I'm bringing the Surtrek. It will be fine in open areas, but tight trails will be a problem. Need 9' to turn it around.
    I'll be getting there on Thursday around 4:00. Is there a spot reserved for us? Lewis what day will you be there?

I will be getting there Thursday also if anyone is going to reserve a spot for all anyone heading down wed. night from the north east

I know how you feel there Raceone3, I'm still turning the wrench on my Hustler today and tomorrow afternoon. I hope to get it all loaded tomorrow evening so I can just head out Thursday morning. I don't know if anybody reserved any of the hookups in our area by the showers. I hope someone has.

Me and my group hit a major snag last night when discovering my driven clutch is jacked up.

I'm in a mad scramble to repair the clutch. Any insight or help would be majorly appreciated. Thread with the pictures and info at: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...tml#post129310

Also, if anyone has parts or an entire driven clutch they would bring to Busco and sell it would be a life saver. A new driven clutch was priced by my local dealer at $388. Jeez.

Packing up now, tomorrow I'll see family in MD and I'll arrive sometime Friday. I will NOT have a machine unfortunately. I had 0 time to attempt getting the wolf ready. I will bring a dirtbike, and between that and hanging out with some guys I haven't seen in WAY too long, it will be a good time I'm sure.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread