Busco Beach in NC April 25-27 2014

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC April 25-27 2014

Hope everyone has made it home safe and sound. Got in around 4:30 and started unloading and getting stuff ready for a quick power wash. Night ride Sunday night I broke the hub weld on the left rear axle. Went through 6 axle pins on the ol' Hustler too. Had allot of fun and hope to see everyone back in October.

Great weekend!

We got tied up in traffic on the way home around Richmond, then in Caroline County, then again in Fredericksburg. I hate I 95! But we did make it home and Bud got back up to school by midnight, so everything turned out okay after all. Thanks to all who helped with repairs and pulling us out of the peanut-butter mud. I only wish we'd had more time to get around and talk with everybody a little more.

See you at Pine Lake!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

10 hour drive home and all is well. Had some setbacks with some equipment but had a wonderful time anyway.
    Acta non verba

As Dad had already stated we hit a lot of traffic on the way home but I was still able to leave the house and be back on the road for another six hours by five-thirty. Had a blast for the short amount of time we were able to make it and I sure hope to make it in October! Pine Lake is next on the list and should hopefully have off work for it! Great seeing everyone again and see you next time!

Bud
    "Ooo, neckties.....contracts.....HIGH VOLTAGE!!"

Had an AWESOME time!!! Made it home around 10 this morning after sleeping in the Wal-Mart parking lot somewhere in PA around 2AM. It was so nice to meet the all the new friendly faces and see everyone else. Thanks for the awesome time and playing in the mud with us girls and thanks for the help with the few hic cups with dad's machine...we definitely put his winch to good use. I am going to try and upload some pictures. See you in Ashtabula! (Going to try and drag mom and dad down for the ride in October )

Got home in record time today at 7 pm after leaving at 10:30 with BK in hand. Another great weekend surrounded by great people and even a cameo by JPSwift, great to see Shanna and Rayna (sorry for spelling figured there must be atleast 5 different ones) the Little Engines That Could, sorry we missed alot of the regulars who couldn't make it, met some more members and missed some I'm sure.
    Special thanks to JBF,fmints and CBass for tweaking Sandy while me and Rickga visited the coast to pick up a machine for Pop to run the weekend in and also to BT for his assistance, and all the others who yanked, tugged, pulled, winched, shoved, pushed and rocked me and the Truck out of all the trouble we intentionally found.
    Had a great time with all the rides we made, the Truck did good, Sandy did better than expected for being mostly complete and Lindsay drove like a pro only needing to be winched out 3? times. We made it back as a family with all 4 machines under their own power and only requiring some battery charging and a little air and more gas. Saturdays night ride was intense and required some winching to all involved and lasted until 3:30 am, sundays afternoon ride was very enjoyable with a long swimming portion, after the swimming on to a mudhole where Mrs. JBF got a tad muddy by one of her own machines. Next a little wrenching on the Maxgo and Shanna/Kevin's machine's both victims of the same hole, then on up to the North East corner and back.
    The main trails this outing were even more rutted than the last and accompanied by the concrete like washboard main trails which seemed to be from a dozer or skidder, we preferred the never ending mud holes and cedar swamps on the inner trail systems.

Look forward to seeing y'all next time.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 10:18 PM.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Got home in record time today at 7 pm after leaving at 10:30 with BK in hand. Another great weekend surrounded by great people and even a cameo by JPSwift, great to see Shanna and Rayna (sorry for spelling figured there must be atleast 5 different ones) the Little Engines That Could, sorry we missed alot of the regulars who couldn't make it, met some more members and missed some I'm sure.
    Special thanks to JBF,fmints and CBass for tweaking Sandy while me and Rickga visited the coast to pick up a machine for Pop to run the weekend in and also to BT for his assistance, and all the others who yanked, tugged, pulled, winched, shoved, pushed and rocked me and the Truck out of all the trouble we intentionally found.
    Had a great time with all the rides we made, the Truck did good, Sandy did better than expected for being mostly complete and Lindsay drove like a pro only needing to be winched out 3? times. We made it back as a family with all 4 machines under their own power and only requiring some battery charging and a little air and more gas. Saturdays night ride was intense and required some winching to all involved and lasted until 3:30 am, sundays afternoon ride was very enjoyable with a long swimming portion, after the swimming on to a mudhole where Mrs. JBF got a tad muddy by one of her own machines. Next a little wrenching on the Maxgo and Shanna/Kevin's machine's both victims of the same hole, then on up to the North East corner and back.
    The main trails this outing were even more rutted than the last and accompanied by the concrete like washboard main trails which seemed to be from a dozer or skidder, we preferred the never ending mud holes and cedar swamps on the inner trail systems.

Look forward to seeing y'all next time.
    Hey Jim thank you for the gas cap u did save my life

Such a fun weekend with great people! I want to add with my Dad in thanking all who worked on Sandy and got her running for the weekend! She did excellent for such a quick build. Can't wait for the October ride!

Also here's a short clip of the Buffalo Truck:

Broken weld on hustler wheel hub.

+ Reply to Thread