First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

If you want to PM me some info, names, dob, area lived / born in I'll see what I can dig up. It's got to be a lot easier for me over here as I know of the top of my head what district is next to another, and also google automatically comes up with the country you live in.
    Be aware though, not everyone who went to the colonies went of their own free will, and some of the one's that did had good reason to go

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    If you want to PM me some info, names, dob, area lived / born in I'll see what I can dig up. It's got to be a lot easier for me over here as I know of the top of my head what district is next to another, and also google automatically comes up with the country you live in.
    Be aware though, not everyone who went to the colonies went of their own free will, and some of the one's that did had good reason to go

Rod
    Thanks Rod,
    I'm not sure if you can go back any further, my grandparents did a great job with the family tree,as I am finding out. Looks like the first sir name was sir Adam de Hocton back in 1200.
    But the first record is of a man named Herverus,who went with the train of William the Conqueror.
    I just added "bits of Houghton history" to the binder I have, as there is all kinds of info there that I don't have. Hobb knobbing with Shakespeare,and the King naming sirlion at the castle,awesome stuff!
    There is a footnote, that says we are decendants of Ralph,one of the brothers of John and Ralph, that came over here as boys.

This goes back a little further - Person Page 34841 . One of the problems being spelling of names, no-one seemed to bother so long as it was near enough. Hmmm, it seems we've gone full circle the way youths spell nowadays. I'll see what else I can dig up, remember, if I find you own Buckingham palace I want a drink

Very interesting stuff. Does this mean Doug may be an actual Lord of the swamp?

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

You mean Sir swampalot. Lol
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Starting to look like we've got to doff our caps and grovel when he comes on the forum

This goes back a little further - Person Page 34841 . One of the problems being spelling of names, no-one seemed to bother so long as it was near enough. Hmmm, it seems we've gone full circle the way youths spell nowadays. I'll see what else I can dig up, remember, if I find you own Buckingham palace I want a drink
    LOL! If I own buckingham, I'll buy you your own HDI, and land to drive it on........Don't hold your breath.....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    You mean Sir swampalot. Lol
    More like Sir stinks a lot.....lol!

That's a deal ............your Lordship

Starting to look like we've got to doff our caps and grovel when he comes on the forum
    How did I know THIS was comming.....LOL.

+ Reply to Thread