First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

Hey Mike...we made it home about 7am this morning...how was your trip back? And did the trailer pull any better?
    We both had a great time and really appreciated you making the long trip to come join the group ride...really enjoyed getting to spend some more time with all of you guys.

tim

It was a great weekend, the swamp is some of the most difficult terrain I've ever seen. Thanks to everyone for all the winching! My video is edited and completed with a length of 40 minutes, but I heard there's an SD card with everyone else's footage. So I'll wait to get that to incorporate it into a video shown from all of our perspectives of the ride.

Destruction.jpgTipsy.jpgScenic.jpgMaxin.jpg

Last edited by Mike; 05-19-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: embedded videos by removing the "s" in https://

Well, the first annual swamp run was a huge success! Not really knowing what to expect,or who was going to show up,it couldn't have worked any better.
    Some of the most fun was with this tribe of monkeys in my HDI on the last trip to the springhole.We were, laughing,singing, and poking fun of all the units ahead of us when they started to flounder.Both these boys had their go at the helm of the HDI,youngest only 6 years old, and he did a fantastic job. One of two 6 year olds driving the big HDI all over the place this weekend.

6 year old kid at the helm.jpg

Last edited by Mike; 05-19-2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the filmstrip button

man, sure looked like lots of fun. Can't wait to watch all the vids. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by strokerstang86 View Post
    Waffle tracks moved at a snails pace in the watery muck.

Quote Originally Posted by strokerstang86 View Post
    I learned early on in the day it was smarter to run over the smaller trees and use them for traction than try and squeeze between them in the watery sections of the swamp.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Awesome video Foxvalley, looks like your swamp lived up to it's reputation. That stuff looks really nasty!

Hard to believe Keith that your machine would have problems anywhere but this video is a testimony to just how tough Fox Valleys swamp really is! That mud and muck are really nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Hard to believe Keith that your machine would have problems anywhere but this video is a testimony to just how tough Fox Valleys swamp really is! That mud and muck are really nasty!

It was a weird spot Dan. At first it did not want to go between the little sapling on the left and the tree on the right. I goosed the throttle a little and it popped through to about the center wheel but then the left side dug itself in and there I sort of sat. If you watch close you can see the track sort of wants to roll off in the center on the right side so the cleats weren't really getting much traction. Didn't take more than a couple inches of pull and I was out.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread