I wanted to start a thread to get input on the current format of the Busco Beach trail ride. This weekend I spoke to several of you and got varied input on how the trail rides go. For any of you that have attended or are planning on attending, feel free to chime in with your thoughts/opinions.

The semi-annual ride at Busco Beach started as a very informal gathering several years ago. With a small group, we mainly rode together during the ride. We took breaks together, ate together and then rode again, together. As the rides grew in attendance, we still tried to ride together but it proved to be challenging. A large group can mean a lot of waiting around especially when we have such a varied level of machine capabilities as well as varied experience levels. There is also a lot of waiting just to corral the members together at a single time to hit the trails.

The past couple of years, we have informally gotten away from large group rides. I have enjoyed these rides a little more because you really get to cover some ground and you almost always run across another group of six wheelers on the trail which is fun. The downside for me has been that I haven't gotten to ride with everyone and even speak to everyone. Granted, I am not there for as long as most of you and I stay at a hotel at night instead of camping most of the time so that's part of the reason but I heard similar comments from some of you that are there the entire weekend too.

What I'm asking for in this thread is just some feedback on how the rides are going and how you would like them to go. We can make this whatever you guys want. Is everyone content with the way things are? Do you want more structure, less structure, etc. I have tried to remain as much of a bystander as possible because I'm just showing up to ride just like all of you. My role in the forum is meaningless when it comes to the trail ride but at the same time, if everyone would prefer to have more structure, I'd be happy to put together a more structured group ride.

I was contemplating keeping things like they are now but having one large group ride on Saturday morning at 9:30 or 10:00. That way anyone that wants a structured ride with everyone else knows where to be and what time. I would be happy to lead the ride or someone else can. We could have a couple of the Busco regulars designated as additional leaders. If there are 30 machines, we could have five groups of six. We all go out together and if someone in the smaller group of six gets stuck, they help each other out and then catch back up with the larger group. This way the large group keeps moving.

I don't know. I've just been contemplating this since leaving this past weekend after talking to a few of you about it. I didn't want to sit back and not do something if you guys and gals want something different but if you like things the way they are, I'm good with that too. This is your trail ride so let me know what you like and don't like.