Busco Beach in NC, October 7-9, 2016

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC, October 7-9, 2016

The Neuse will not crest until Tuesday at 29 ft.

Well we made it back....instead of a 4hr trip we ended up getting home in about 7-8hrs due to roads being flooded every turn we made. It was crazy ride home with a tremendous amount of wind. While we were packing up it started hailing real small hail with the wind being so fierce I could lean back in the wind and it would still push me forward. Everything was WET.....lol. good afternoon ride on Saturday though until my brakes went out. Dried everything out on Sunday and then today, went to Sumpter National Forest. Funny thing is when we got there, they were closed because of the weather....oh boy, what a weekend to say the least. I have some pictures that my brother Danny took but having a hard time uploading. I'll try again in a bit.

123951.jpg123_1.jpg

The videos Danny took are not supported so I guess no go. I wish I took some pictures but it was so wet and raining nonstop I didn't want to pull out the phone. Lol.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:24 AM.

thanks deedee ..... would like to hear from john, how he did getting home and his plans for recovering his machine and such. j.b.

We are planning a trip to Busco in Nov. With a 4 wheeler, If the park is back open.
    Would love to have some more company.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:25 AM.

A friend sent me these photos. He is at the park quite a bit but I do not know if he took these or grabbed them from elsewhere online. Just thought I'd share:

This is a terrible scene in all of low lying NC and SC, hope all survived. We all lollygag over storm warnings and having had very good luck through Sandy with minimal damage I tend to watch the radar regular, but floods are not on any radar and can come with next to no warning.

On a lighter note, I hope Busco survives.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread