Busco Beach in NC, April 7-9 2017

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC, April 7-9 2017

I like watching them also Johnboy.
    I finally met the young lady in the old video, riding the blue max 2 and using a stick to row. I was wondering what happened to some of the folks from the old videos I had not met in our last few meetings.
    Hope in the fall we can see everyone there.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Are the lug nuts loose? Are the studs or wheels damaged?

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 06:23 PM.

I had something similar happen to my Max IV. In my case, I could get the nuts off but the studs were just a little too big for the holes in the wheel, causing me not to be able to get them off. I knocked the tire, kicked them, hit them with a sledge hammer, etc. and they wouldn't budge. I finally had to use a grinder to grind the studs off so I could get the wheels off. It was not fun. Good luck.

It's for those reasons that I use acorn style lug nuts. I saturate the studs before I put the acorns on, then put some lube inside the acorns then install. Since I switched to this technique a few years back, have not had these problems anymore.

Swamps are a very corrosive environment and everything we can do to put off the rust and make the parts last longer, the machines will go that much more.

Good idea. I always use anti seize and never had a problem but I like the acorn nut idea.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Ralph, is that what was making the noise you heard at Busco?

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 06:24 PM.

deedee, i just realized the helmet thing you were talking about. i put it in your ox the morn i left. ( you were still snoozing !! ).i think it was dan that said it was left in his ox, and thought it was john or scotts. since you were the closest to them, i dropped it off. if it's not theirs, i don't know whose it is. busco mystery !!!! johnboy. p.s. keep at those lug nut's.

+ Reply to Thread