T20 melted teflon guides

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T20 melted teflon guides

T20 melted teflon guides

I was changing out the stock yellow spring in my T20 clutch for a red spring last night. During disassembly of the clutch one of the Teflon guides got melted a little. While I've got the clutch apart I'd like to replace the guides to. Does anyone know where I am able to purchase the Teflon guides?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Images

Call Quality Drive Systems. They'll have them. Great people to deal with there.

Quality Drive Systems
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Those look the same as the ones for the newer comet 780 series.....I just ordered a couple sets from a place in Indianna That another member posted. Sorry, but I can't remember the name, but they were about $7 a set. The newer style has 6 buttons, the other 3 going in the empty space in the opposite side ramp. I'm not sure what they do unless you wanted to spin it backwards. the comet part# is 302307A
    With that part# you may be able to find them locally at a snowmobile or ATV repair shop.

Here they are from MFG Supply: http://www.mfgsupply.com/302307a.html

The clutch is from an 1979/80s Max IV.

If it's from an older driven clutch, you'll need the older style sliders. The newer style ones are slightly different. Quality Drive Systems had some of the older style ones in stock.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Good info!
    I have a 780 Drive clutch that I bought from MFGSupply a little over a year ago and it has a weak spring.
    I contacted MFG SUPPLY and they weren't any help at all.
    I'll pull it and call Quality, I got my belts from them.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazy View Post
    Good info!
    I have a 780 Drive clutch that I bought from MFGSupply a little over a year ago and it has a weak spring.
    I contacted MFG SUPPLY and they weren't any help at all.
    I'll pull it and call Quality, I got my belts from them.
    Might as well go red then.

HI
    There are 3 different Teflon blocks .They are coloured either black or white and either there are 3 or 6 fitted to a clutch .
    Red spring is most suitable for offroading

tomo

+ Reply to Thread