t 20 adjust help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: t 20 adjust help

t 20 adjust help

So I attempted to adjust the bands on my max t20. I am now veering left when driving forward, I am wondering the easiest fix for this-I don't have the distance tool for adjusting....if anyone knows the thickness of it I could get a piece of steel and make one I suppose. Is there a way to synchronize the bands and loosen from there or what? Any help is appreciated! thanks

The adjusting tools are .190 thick. I adjust transmissions in the vehicle for stick movement. A maxII will have 5.5-6" of total movement at top of sticks. MaxIV and truck have 7" because sticks are longer. Try to adjust for the arms to be parallel with front of case at mid travel. Then set both even forward and full back. Tracking to one side is usually a big tire on fast side. Or low pressure on slow side. The best way to find out if it's the tires is inflate all to 5 psi and measure circumference with cloth tape. I've found overinflated tires that stretch 3". Sometimes you just have to adjust tire pressure from side to side to get straight tracking. I prefer my own machines with spring loaded sticks to pull left so I can drive one handed.

I would make sure that there aren't other issues causing you to veer to one side first. For example, measure the circumference of your tires and make sure they are all the same regardless of the air pressure it takes. Make sure your chains are tight on both sides. Make sure that you don't have a bearing going bad, etc. I have never used the adjusting tool before so I don't think it's necessary but if you want to make one, search the site. There is a post and a photo in the gallery showing the dimensions of the tool. Good luck.

Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread