max 4 eats idler sprocket

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: max 4 eats idler sprocket

max 4 eats idler sprocket

my t20 seems to have dropped into frame slots any advice

Bolt it down.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

i had the same problem when i bought my 94 max iv new, the brackets that hold the idler at the t-20 drilled holes
    were to far apart causing the idler to hit the t-20 sprocket when chain was adjusted, R.I. had to make me
    some new brackets that were shorter with the holes closer together.

It's probably been run loose or very loose chains. Rear frame is usually worn in the slots or bent down or both. The best way I've repaired them and placed the transmission back into the proper place is to install a frame upgrade kit that used to be available from RI. The parts weld in and reinforce the frame area around the transmission bringing the frame up to 2008 specs. Look at the upright part of your frame that passes on either side of the t20. If it is bent below the mount bolt holes it's to low. When this happens the rear chain adjusters hit the sprockets before the chains are tight. There are pics posted of one of the worse frames I ever repaired. Can't get them to paste here tonite. Good luck I'm going to have some parts fabricated in the future as I'm out of the kits.

thanks wfo I'll look more closely at those brackets.

thank u msafi65 the frame was indeed bent and cracked when i got this one .have welded and atempted to bend back into shape before.frame kit drawings are on the way.

max4 no longer eats idlers

Just finished frame repair,thanks to all who helped with prints,photos,and good advise. I used 3/16 x3" flat steel to reinforce side frame and cross tube,also shortened idler brackets by 3/16" center to center look and seems to work great,only problem,starter motor pucked go figure,the only thing I didn't work on.

Are you familiar with "Murphy"? He gets around
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Seems like Murphy put the engine frame on top of the ground strap,after a good wire brushing and rearangeing every thing works great,happy, happy, happy!!

+ Reply to Thread