2000 max iv t-20 wompis holes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 max iv t-20 wompis holes

2000 max iv t-20 wompis holes

Help. My 2000 max iv trans shift bars that connect to shifert diamonds are they supposed to be kinda bowed out or straight cause mine are like on a bit of a bend also my trans was loose and womped out the holes on can lift it up with a pry bar and tighten to get it where its supposed to be will it stay or do I have to do some reinforcements to keep it solid I guess I bought a mess of a max iv nothing like buying someone else's junk for $3300.00 every bearing and chain were completly wasted for a machine with 175 hr's

That's pretty typical. R.I. didn't use the best of bearings and the frame issue is a well known bugger bear of the Max4. However with a little reinforcement and good quality (Argo) bearings, that machine will be better than new. Quality chains also make a difference. Chain adjustment is easy for a Max4 less the chains off the t20 which you really have to pull the motor to get to unless you are a contortionist.

$3300 isn't a bad initial buy in, there has always been a big demand for Max4s. Especially if you have a larger engine.

Thanks for the encourage ment lol it has the 18 vanguard 26 in tires a warn 2500 lb winch um I did buy all new bearings the better chain are those shift bars supposed to be bent like that and I will be doing some reinforcement soon gotta at least get it back together

Welcome to the max iv ,bent frame,broke tooth idler club.freestyle. there's a lot of info on this problem out there.I'm working on mine right now,in between other projects.I hope to post pics soon.good luck,keep wheeling

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle7783 View Post
    Thanks for the encourage ment lol it has the 18 vanguard 26 in tires a warn 2500 lb winch um I did buy all new bearings the better chain are those shift bars supposed to be bent like that and I will be doing some reinforcement soon gotta at least get it back together
    No. The shifter bars are supposed to be straight.

Well it still shifts fine with bars on a bend

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle7783 View Post
    Well it still shifts fine with bars on a bend
    Its a safe bet that the only reason for that is because the tranny holes are so sloppy that the tranny has shifted enough to compensate for the bent parts. Fit the sluppy holes and replace the shift bars.

I'm working on the problems lol

Well more into the project and one of the 3/8 threaded hole on the bottom of the trans is actually kind of messed up as In it may need to be re drilled and tapped its kind of egg shaped just what I need lol

+ Reply to Thread