HELP First time owner of 1970 attex 6x6! baker hill 7000 tranny issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HELP First time owner of 1970 attex 6x6! baker hill 7000 tranny issues

If you are messing with the outer disc, the outer bearings may have snaprings, most parts are pressed /driven onto the main shaft so may need pulling off.
    Look at the manual, I think the 5000 manual was clearer explanations last time I looked

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

BH 7000. ill give that a shot

i took every snap ring off possible. ill try a few more tips here in a bit its mothers day so im at the river riding dirtbikes with my boys, really wanted to take the attex out today but soon i can

i dont see how a slide hammer will work on this? cause of the shaft?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Is this still the Baker/Hill transmission sun gear? If that's the case, the only way I've found that works well is to suspend the shaft vertically by supporting under the inside disc and drive the shaft down through it using a brass or aluminum punch. Make sure you place a rubber or wooden block under the transmission shaft so it's not damaged when it falls.
    Try this.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I FINALLY got my BH 7000 apart!

This took me for ever but I finally got the BH 700 transmission apart today with the help of a friend and a pully puller! It's nasty! We took the whole thing apart. Now I need to figure out what's broke or missing etc. It was taken apart once before because someone used a nail thing a a pin. Any leads/ tips would be great
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike; 05-12-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: merged another thread on the same topic

Wow , that is pretty dang mucky, you might be lucky and just need to clean it all out, reassemble properly, use a proper pin instead of a nail. Check all your gear teeth and splines and post some upclose photos of the pieces. How do your brake pucks look? Photos are worth a thousand words, we will look at your pics of each critical part if you post more photos. I'm gonna bet money on you you that will get that back together and you will become an expert on the Baker Hill Tranny. Good news is that you have the better of the BH tranny with that 7000 model, Good Luck sir,

Quote Originally Posted by swfleur View Post
    Wow , that is pretty dang mucky, you might be lucky and just need to clean it all out, reassemble properly, use a proper pin instead of a nail. Check all your gear teeth and splines and post some upclose photos of the pieces. How do your brake pucks look? Photos are worth a thousand words, we will look at your pics of each critical part if you post more photos. I'm gonna bet money on you you that will get that back together and you will become an expert on the Baker Hill Tranny. Good news is that you have the better of the BH tranny with that 7000 model, Good Luck sir,
    X2
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

I just seen your reply, i never got a notification :/ so i cleaned it out really good i checked all the gears and made sure they were not striped, everything looked great to be honest, I put new C clamps in all the right spots, new bearings cause i destroyed the ones on there the two weeks i spent banging on them to get it apart, i re assembled it the same way i took it apart, i put it back in place, put new gear lube in it, but when i started it up the gear lube started drianing out of the left part of the shaft, so i have to take it back out...is there suppose to be a seal or something? i never seen one when i took it apart? why else would that be happening?

Question the first 2 pics is where it's leaking. the other pics are just pics of it part way a

+ Reply to Thread