Muscateer black box clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Muscateer black box clutch

Thats a speed clutch...if you can locate a torque sensing clutch I would honestly go with it. That clutch sucks ...it iz same as I had in my muscateer.

If you are willing to forgo that clutch get it off anyway you can. It would make your machine 10x better using a torque clutch...trust me...it was the single best improvement to my muscateer.

Maybe you can make a puller like a bearing splitter and pull from back of clutch???
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Ok, so what is the difference (I deal with FoMoCo Mustangs...!) and what type/model/brand of torque clutch would you recommend? Vendors to surf to see what is out there...

I am guessing the speed clutch works like a distributor mechanical advance, faster it spins the harder it clamps? And torque sensing react to load?

Something from here??? Comet Torque Converter Clutches & Parts for Go Karts & Mini Bikes | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply

All new to me, so any advice/experiences appreciated.

(I did buy a Tecumseh HH100 and have rims/wheels picked out...)

Anyone help out on this? Totally unfamiliar with these items and need to get one sorted. Would prefer not to buy blind...

Quote Originally Posted by mert View Post
    Anyone help out on this? Totally unfamiliar with these items and need to get one sorted. Would prefer not to buy blind...
    Mert

Sorry not been on in while...speed clutch wont backdown from high gear very well when underload.....more for gocart type of driving I guess...they dont even make them anymore.

Torque clutch has 3 ramps and a twist action against thr ramps closing the clutch when need of torque for steering or uphill.

On my Muscateer ...has Hagen trans...I would have to come to a stop at bottom of hill then slowly roll into hill with light throttle. Once going uphill I could full throttle and clutch would not creep up to high gear....however it would NEVER under load go into low gear.

Peek in my Muscateer out for a ride thread....I thjnk the info u need is in there....places to call where to get clutch parts etc.

Hope that helps
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread