Tecumseh clutch questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tecumseh clutch questions

Tecumseh clutch questions

I'm making progress on my Newt The Bold project, Got the engine running pretty good, but as you all know, progress brings other problems into light.
    My drive clutch seems to engage a little too early, and a little erratically.
    The clutch looks just like this:
    302469A - 1195 Series Drive Clutch for Recreatives Ind Max ATVs | ATV Parts | MFG Supply
    I took the bell off and things inside looked solid to me, although I have never seen one of
    these until today. I have been inside many snowmobile clutches, but this is a different animal inside. The springs all seemed to have the same amount of tension, rollers did not have any flat spots and rolled nicely. The ATV has a Hagen transmission, I'm wondering if since that tranny had neutral is clutch engagement RPM still critical?
    This is an expensive clutch, is there a rebuild kit? Does anyone know if this engine/clutch combo is a tapered fit or should it slide right off?

If it is a 4 Stroke it should be a straight shaft with a key. May take a little pulling but should slide off. If you are checking in neutral then you clutch Will engage sooner.

Some Tecumseh engines were threaded shaft so it would simply unthread like a nut counterclockwise
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

+ Reply to Thread