driver clutch help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: driver clutch help

you may need to remove the engine mount bolts and just slide the engine over alittle. j.b.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oMUK58ebCRmHM3

Here is a video of what I have going on.

That engine is turning about 12-1800 rpm, the clutch opens just shy of that, gradually. If you are confident and careful, manually twist the linkage where the cable attaches and see if more rpm happens and clutches begin to work properly. Watch loose clothing.

If the clutches work properly attempt to reach 3600-400 rpm with adjustments, starting with taking any slack out of the cable.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I think you definitely have something bound up in the drive clutch, and it's possible that the driven needs attention too. Pull the clutch off the engine and take the cover off to see what's up.

Was part of your video at full throttle? If so Jim is correct, the engine isn't making enough rpm to fully engage the clutches.

If it has been sitting for some time your clutch may be Stuck ? I didn't see any movement at all ??

Thanks for the info on needing higher rpm. I ran the rpm's up higher and both the driver and driven clutch seem to be working properly. Installed new belt and finally got the right tension. So for the time being, all is well. I really appreciate all the help. I just purchased some new tires, and was wondering which way the v tread should be pointing? I will never be in the water, just on land.

For traction only on dirt the v points to the rear on the ground. The other way is for grabbing water to swim.

This is a Very Open subject !
    Originally The V is to point to the Back. This way the machine Grabs / CUPS to dirt/snow/mud and ride on top for flotation and traction. You Don't want to dig down as these machine have very low ground clearance and will High Center getting you stuck. You already have good traction as you have 6 tire pulling !
    Some may say other wise BUT Look at Any old add for these machine and see for your self !

+ Reply to Thread