Attex St400 T20 problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attex St400 T20 problem

Attex St400 T20 problem

Hey everyone, Got an issue with this T20 I can not figure out. So here goes. With the T20 Shifted into forward, shifters facing front, Push the sticks forward, no result. Pull the sticks back it goes in reverse. Shifted into reverse, pushing the sticks forward, it goes forward.
    And it will not steer either left or right.? I am open to all suggestions to what the problem is. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost63 View Post
    Hey everyone, Got an issue with this T20 I can not figure out. So here goes. With the T20 Shifted into forward, shifters facing front, Push the sticks forward, no result. Pull the sticks back it goes in reverse. Shifted into reverse, pushing the sticks forward, it goes forward.
    And it will not steer either left or right.? I am open to all suggestions to what the problem is. Thanks all.
    WOW!! I'll be following this thread,different motor rotation maybe or maybe bands in wrong?? Good luck and I'm sure some guys on here will help you figure this out!!!

was told maybe bands were put back in wrong by me. But I never removed the clevis plunger from them. and I cant figure how they could have went in wrong. But it could be I guess.

there was no motor change. Still original JLO 399

was told maybe bands were put back in wrong by me. But I never removed the clevis plunger from them. and I cant figure how they could have went in wrong. But it could be I guess.
    They would have to have swapped from one case half to the other. The "inner band" for the left case half would have to have ended up as the "outer band" in the right case half and so on
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I wish I could help you out more with this but I haven't opened a t-20 up in 10 years!! 2 strokes will run either direction also but thats probably not the problem here. I'd have to say it's a band issue but can't guarantee that!!
    Good luck and someone with more knowledge needs to chime in on this!!

Are the diamond shifters installed correctly and moving the shift collars properly? Pull them out and shift the collars by hand (with a screw driver).

I think your right racerone, I watched the T20 rebuild video again and it looks like you could mistake 1 band for the other, as both would still fit on the anchor pins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Are the diamond shifters installed correctly and moving the shift collars properly? Pull them out and shift the collars by hand (with a screw driver).
    I was thinking the same thing.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I haven't actually tried it, but I'm pretty sure that the pins wouldn't make any contact if you put them in wrong. The bore for the shifters is offset toward the rear of the trans, so that only a pin located toward the front of the bore would reach the shift collar
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread