elp identify model of t-20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: elp identify model of t-20

elp identify model of t-20

I just ordered a new LH output shaft for my T-20 and the one I got back was similar but not one that would work. My output shaft has 12 teeth and the new one I ordered had 15 teeth. There is no tag on my trans or marks. The brakes and seals I ordered are the same. Any ideas. My 6X6 is a Mexican version of a Max.Any ideas? Thank You.

Does anyone know if they made a heavy duty version of the T-20. The case bearings, input shaft and output shafts are all a bit larger than standard. All of my chains are 60's. Does anyone know of someone who would be the go to guy for T-20's?

That's interesting. Can you post some pics and let us see this unusual creature you have? I'm not sure of the go to guy. It's possible someone could have changed the output sprockets to accommodate the #60 chain, but that wouldn't explain the difference in shafts and bearing sizes.

If you can upload a photo to the gallery, that may help spur some thoughts from the members. I am assuming that your transmission uses the popsicle stick style levers and not the U channel? There were two styles of T20s and there were some differences between them. Without searching back through the site, I do remember that the shift collars differed by the number of teeth they had. The sprockets could have been added by one of the previous owners. Several members here have changed the output shaft sprockets to #60. I think a photo might help, especially if you lay the two output shafts side by side.

I'm intrigued, when you say Mexican version of a Max. Was it a copy or just a Max originally sold in Mexico? If it came from the U.S. does it still have a serial #?
    The output shaft you are referring to IS the shaft that the chain sprocket is pressed on to right? And when you say "teeth" you mean on the sprocket? and not number of splines?
    The 15 tooth chain sprocket has always been the stock one, but many members have changed them for a better (slower) ratio.

When I first read this I thought you meant the shift collar, and there were at least 3 different versions of those. Shift collars are a much more common replacement part than the output shaft. Most people just replaced the sprocket instead of the whole shaft. I thought a 12 tooth #60 chain sprocket had been tried and would not work due to clearance problems. If your old sprocket had the tips torn off, make sure the chain is not touching the shaft itself. The chain needs to sit down into the valley of the sprocket.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    I'm intrigued, when you say Mexican version of a Max. Was it a copy or just a Max originally sold in Mexico? If it came from the U.S. does it still have a serial #?
    The output shaft you are referring to IS the shaft that the chain sprocket is pressed on to right? And when you say "teeth" you mean on the sprocket? and not number of splines?
    The 15 tooth chain sprocket has always been the stock one, but many members have changed them for a better (slower) ratio.

When I first read this I thought you meant the shift collar, and there were at least 3 different versions of those. Shift collars are a much more common replacement part than the output shaft. Most people just replaced the sprocket instead of the whole shaft. I thought a 12 tooth #60 chain sprocket had been tried and would not work due to clearance problems. If your old sprocket had the tips torn off, make sure the chain is not touching the shaft itself. The chain needs to sit down into the valley of the sprocket.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...drago-2-a.html

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I have the u-channel levers. The input shaft and output shafts are also different from the standard ones. I'm working on the photos. I live in Mexico and internet speeds are very slow where I am. Thank you for the attention. The sprockets are very crudely welded on. There are no markings or tags on the case. I already returned the output shaft I ordered but I'll post a photo of my old one.

It's called a Drago 2and it was made in Mexico. Mine is from the year 2000. I think the company is out of business. I have posted pictures of the Drago in the gallery a while back. It has a Briggs 18 horse engine. I ordered all new axle bearings for a max and they worked So far the only difference I've run into is shafts on the transmission. The chains throughout the 6x6 are #60. The chain sprocket on the output shaft is welded on and has 12 teeth. It was working fine with the #60 chain. The L/H output shaft snapped from abuse by the previous owner. I live in Mexico out in the boondocks so internet speeds are burro slow. As soon as I go to a town with higher speeds I'll upload
    lots of tranny pictures. Thanks for your interest and helpful thoughts.

Why don't you try and contact the mfr, perhaps they have some left over parts and or a book on it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Just some thoughts. You have some good photos in the gallery (advanced search on hwally). Since you indicate that it was made in Mexico and year of mfg is 2002, you must have gotten that from a MFG ID Tag. I understand your slow Internet speed, but any chance to post a clear photo of the ID tag? Also, since this was made in Mexico, possibly it is fashioned on some other brand machine. Regarding all size issues with T-20 parts: Is it also possible your T-20 is also made in Mexico? If so, maybe made with available parts? Metric?

+ Reply to Thread