Vampire ASXs on Avenger...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vampire ASXs on Avenger...

Yep, you are right. I bought the tire off of Matt. They don't swim!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I think Matt had the 25x13x9 tsl vampires on his blue argo Bigfoot years ago. From memory, I think it was a poor swimmer. I guess it was Boncrshr who has them on a hustler that swims? So I'd be careful in declaring them a swimming tire on any vehicle.
    I think that is key. Take for example jpswift1 and Don's Hustler Bigfoots. They are both the same 6x6's with Vampire ASX's but they have two different lower tubs since they are different years with some changes made to the tubs. jpswift1's moves along nicely in the water but Don's is much slower. It just creeps along in the water. There are more factors at play than just the tires.

My guess is it depends on how far the tub is from the body. If its close it probably brushes water off the top of the tire and keeps it from spinning around with the tires. If the tub is further then I would assume the tires are spinning the water around the tires instead of propelling the aatv. Or pushing the water on top of the tires forward in front of you instead of moving the aatv forward. I read years ago before 6x6world about adding flaps on top of the tires to increase speed. Sort of like a mud flap but close or even dragging the top of the tire. I believe a manufacture actually did it factory? I think it was an odd ball manufacture like a penguin or something? I could be wrong though. But I do remember someones talking about adding the flaps. Be an easy cheap test. Cheaper then 6 or 8 tires anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
    Yep, you are right. I bought the tire off of Matt. They don't swim!
    Hey Derekf, do you still have those tires? I have the Hustler like Boncrshr and need tires.

Yep I got them, but I can't part with them as they work too good! I have 9 rawhides but I used them in winter with the tracks.

The Penguin uses a scraper/flap at the bottom rear of the body to help keep water from churning in the wheel well. It is only 2 wheel drive and the wheel wells are fairly close to the tires. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Me1Hk_Rj1M

+ Reply to Thread