Popsicle T-20 band wear questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Popsicle T-20 band wear questions

Popsicle T-20 band wear questions

Ok guys and gals I have never had this trans apart because it works just fine but I noticed after looking today that the plungers stick out of case prolly close to a 1/2 inch. Upper and lowers both! Is this an indication the bands are wore out??? And I've never had a trans fail yet so don't know what a band band will act like either!! Seems like sticks have quite a bit of travel to them also.
    Thank you in advance on this!

If it works fine the lining on the bands is still there. As they wear the plungers come out more. 1/2" is getting a bit much but I've had new bands anywhere from a 3/8"below the face to sticking out 1/4". Must be just band length. Adjust the plungers to get about 5" of stick movement at the top and run it for a while. If the adjustment changes rapidly I would tear it down. I've had t20s that drove just fine and had paper thin bands when torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    If it works fine the lining on the bands is still there. As they wear the plungers come out more. 1/2" is getting a bit much but I've had new bands anywhere from a 3/8"below the face to sticking out 1/4". Must be just band length. Adjust the plungers to get about 5" of stick movement at the top and run it for a while. If the adjustment changes rapidly I would tear it down. I've had t20s that drove just fine and had paper thin bands when torn down.
    Is this 5" movement total stick travel?? I've never measured it but if i was guessing I'd say its gotta be at least 8" willcheck this out tonite!
    Thank you!!

Yup, about 5" of total travel at the top of the stick; front to back movement. If you have a lot more than that now, start with at least two full turns in on the top and bottom plunger bolts and see where that gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Yup, about 5" of total travel at the top of the stick; front to back movement. If you have a lot more than that now, start with at least two full turns in on the top and bottom plunger bolts and see where that gets you.
    Ok thank you Mike! I'll check this out tonite if not too many shenanigans at the waterin hole!!
    Happy St Paddy's day to all!!!

If I remember correctly the spec. for band replacement is 5/8 of protrusion from the case on the older t20.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    If I remember correctly the spec. for band replacement is 5/8 of protrusion from the case on the older t20.
    Ok Thanks Joe it still works fine but I was getting a little worried about tearing drums up!!

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    Ok thank you Mike! I'll check this out tonite if not too many shenanigans at the waterin hole!!
    Happy St Paddy's day to all!!!
    Thanks again Mike!! Adjusted plunger bolts 2 turns in and sticks are at 5 inches,this machine has never been that tight!! I like it again!! LOLOL

+ Reply to Thread