Need Amphicat Transmission Info

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Amphicat Transmission Info

You could use pieces of 1" steel, cold rolled, or 4140 Chromoly from any metal supplier like Metal Supermarkets (just like all the Attex machines came with). Then you could get some steel tube to slide over the axles and you could simply have some #40 sprockets welded onto the tubes. Drill a hole for through the tube and the axle for a bold, and then do this for all the other axles. You can get the sprockets from Buffalo Bearings. (716) 874-1720.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Good call on the axel upgrade. As bare as the 'cat is now it would be the perfect time. If you do upgrade get something called machine tube for the axel/sprocket tubes. Kind of cashy ($8 per foot) but it is a full 3/8 wall thickness. Just picked some up to repair a few slotted spocket tubes. May want to upgrade to #50 chain (except for the tranny chain), now is the time. Lengthen the frame for increased axel spacing - room for bigger tires, etc. I love spending other people's money. Good luck, you found the right place for info and help. Great site.

What type of fluid or oil is used in this tranny

Kind of hope someone pipes in on this on. I've done a few searches on here looking for the same info, but haven't found the answer. My next project is a 'cat for my kids. The t-20 which is also made by Borg-Warner uses Type F tranny fluid I'm not sure if these do or not. Hopefully Someone who knows will respond.

Thanks gearhead I will keep trying to find out and thanks for all the info you have given me.

+ Reply to Thread