T20 sprockets

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T20 sprockets

T20 sprockets

Does any one know where you can get T20 sprockets 15 tooth #60 chain if there is such a thing would like to have a heavier chain for the tracked machine I'm building.

i think that has been tried, the sprocket has to be made but i think the chain is too wide and hits the t-20 case
    and if you narrow the sprocket it then is a #50 chain ?

I had Whipper make me some 630(same width as 530) and others have gone 60. I know Kevin even has an Attex set up with 80 chain.
    -----\
    OOO-(
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, then beat you to death with stupidity!

Whipper also splined up a set of #60 sprockets for me. There's plenty of room. Send him a message and see what he can do for you.

Same here, I'm running #60 on the T20 in my Argo and I got my sprockets from Whipper. Here are a few pictures to show the clearance:

I just got the new T20 sprockets from RI and I'm ready to press them in. I'm wondering if I should apply some Loctite stud & bearing mount when I do it. I know there wasn't any originally, but since this will be a refit I'm thinking it might fill in any small gaps and make things just a bit stronger. I've got the stuff in the fridge anyway and I don't think it can hurt.

You're mounting the sprocket on to the output shaft?

I did not realize you could buy the sprocket that way.
    Banned

Yes. The output shaft and sprocket combo runs $146/$183 depending on the side. The sprocket alone was about $30 per. The sprockets are just pressed on. They have an internal knurl that I guess cuts its way onto the shaft. You do need a press to get them on and off.

My shafts had some scoring where the seal rubs and the sprockets didn't look that great so I put on some Speedi-sleeves to give the seal a good surface and I'll be pressing on the new sprockets. Total cost to get them good as new will be under $100 for both. A much better deal than buying new.
    Last edited by phabib; 03-11-2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Corrected shaft prices

Thanks!

Great info.
    Banned

After you press the new ones on just tack weld them in place. Mine pressed on so hard I don't think I needed to but tigged a couple spots anyway.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread