Who makes the T20 tranny

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the T20 tranny

Who makes the T20 tranny

Hey guys,gals, would someone know who built the T20??. Is it built by Skid Steer or is it made by a different manufacturer??? Thanks for any info and God Bless you all.

Jerry

Boggwarner designed it and used to build them. Now MuddOx is who is responsible for having them manufactured.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

My other question is, a skid steer the same as a T20 tranny, or are they two different animals? And if they are two different trannys which one is the better of the two???. Thanks again

Jerry

I think a T20 works on skid steer principles, thus is the same thing.
    If I remember correctly, Skid Steer might have been a company that manufactured the T20 but don't hold me to this. I stand to be corrected.

Related... A new T20 costs over $2,500.00, but what are used ones worth? How about rebuilt?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Not that uncommon to tear one down and find it needs 4 bands 2 drums one or two shift collars some bearings and a gasket , seal kit. Those parts new add up to 1200$ +. Now that output sprockets arnt available seperatly that's another 370$. If you can find a rebilt unit that has been put back to factory specs for under $1000 it's a pretty good deal. That's why I started the ring gear drum repair project. I'm running out of good used stuff and new is spendy.

First off, I would like to thank all of you folks for your great info and input to my questions. I just tore down my maxIV removed the engine and engine stand to look over the trans and it looked really good.who ever owned it befor me put stabilizing brackets on both side of the trans so it was firmly mounted in the frame and i found no leaks and the oil looks like it can use a changing.But when cleaning the trans housing the metal tag on it is stamped Skid Steer but the model # and all other info on the tag was wiped out off the tag,so all I know is that it is a Skid Steer trans. Is there any way I might be able to identify what model trans it is?,if it is a T20 trans or another model trans?. I sure hope one of you here can help me identify it, would hate to purchase the wrong parts. Thank a bunch for all your help.

Jerry

Thanks. Gives me an idea on the costs.

I think the Max aatvs only used the T20 transmission. It seems there were two "versions". One, the older version used "popsickle sticks" and the newer ones using U-channels. I don't know the year this was changed though.
    Regardless, they are basically the same thing.

Someone with more history may chime in I'm sure.

Well I can tell you Rusty, my trans has the u channel and not the popsickle sticks. Does that help with identifying the model of the trans?.the year of my Max is 1997.

Jerry

+ Reply to Thread