Max secondary clutch cam slider issue

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max secondary clutch cam slider issue

Max secondary clutch cam slider issue

Hi. I have a 2005 Max IV. Regarding the secondary cam slider buttons, one of them is worn out more so than the other two.
    After I recieved the machine one slider button went missing. A spare went inti it's place. Now one is wearing out faster than tge other two.

Is this normal?
    Is my clutch warped?
    Thanks.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Rusty, you might want to take the secondary apart and take a look at the bushing in the movable face. They tend to be overlooked and if they begin to wear out it's possible that the face is getting out of line as it moves, which could very well begin to wear one slider out faster than the others. I don't know if we have a source for the Salsbury secondary bushings yet, but I have several clutches that could use them if anybody knows where to find them.

Thank you Mike. I ordered a set of slider buttons yesterday. I'll check out the clutch when we change out the buttons.

When the spring is installed, its tension might give you a false sense that the bushing is actually in better shape than it actually is. I typically replace buttons without removing or disassembling the clutch (lazy) so if you're going this route, keep that in mind.

I just disassembled an older Salsbury driven for a good cleaning and once-through and found out that the bushing is toast upon disassembly. The dirt/grease/grime/sludge/mung had it tightened up real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
    Thank you Mike. I ordered a set of slider buttons yesterday. I'll check out the clutch when we change out the buttons.
    Use caution the spring has pressure, as another member just remembered after getting his new temporary sweat band from the people with the white coats.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks guys. My cousin has a lot of experience working on clutches. He races snow machines. He knows what to do.

+ Reply to Thread