Max II Updates

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Max II Updates

Max II Updates

Wanted to start a new thread separate from the introduction/questions to help chronicle work done on Max II.

Spent last week waiting on parts, removed broken inner tube and replaced with a new one. The bead on tire was pretty roughed up, I think that was why PO installed tubes.

Replaced broken master link on front right sprocket chain, reinstalled and repair seems to be holding up. Unsure on age of chain, will continue to test and monitor.
    Last edited by WolfMann; 11-06-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Other work done (no particular order):

Drained gear oil out of T20 transmission, replaced with ATF (Dex/Merc).

Installed new fuel line and filter

Replaced broken gas cap with new. No longer sprayed with gas when hitting bumps

Replaced stuck open starter relay with known good one. Still unable to start with key, need to go over wiring. Am able to start by jumping terminals of relay.

Attempted plastic weld on cracked edge of upper body, took a few tries but I believe it's now holding.

Work going forward:

Got oil filter for Briggs vangaurd, will change and continue to work on getting the machine to a baseline.

Still wanting to increase axle support for running tracks. Ordered one cheap flange bearing (UCFL207-20) off ebay to plan frame mounting. Concerned about size of flange and mounting to frame. Wondering if something a little smaller (UCFL206-20) would make for an easier fit. Open to input from anyone who's done this before. (Adding inner bearings to older Max II).

Looking into a rust prevention coating for frame.

Need to go over wiring, concerned about functionality of charging system, starter relay not working with key turn.

Made some progress today, separated upper body from the tub, it's currently up on sawhorse. Think the next step is going to be getting the tub on blocks so i can pull the axles. Notice there's a lot of grit and debris on floor of tub, going to spend some time cleaning up.

20191106_145915.jpg20191106_150024.jpg20191106_150004.jpg

Looks like a fun project! Better off tearing it down the way you are doing it. You'll have a nice dependable machine when its ready to go.

Thanks liflod, I'm having a good time getting into it. Making sure to document the dissasembly so it all goes back together smoothly. I figure when the works all done it should be better suited for moving around the snow this winter.
    Last edited by WolfMann; 11-07-2019 at 09:11 PM.

If you're pulling the frame, put everything together once before you put the frame inside the body. It's much easier to get things lined up and figured out with the body out of the way.

That makes a lot of sense, I'm wanting to install inner flange bearings on the frame. I can see how it would be easier outside the tub.

Progress made, frame removed from tub, ready to start cleaning up.

20191108_105335.jpg20191108_105414.jpg

+ Reply to Thread