Need: Exhaust manifold for 18hp vanguard Max II with muffler above L.R. tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need: Exhaust manifold for 18hp vanguard Max II with muffler above L.R. tire

Need: Exhaust manifold for 18hp vanguard Max II with muffler above L.R. tire

Title says it all.

The factory used a briggs #691502 and brazed a stainless flex tube to it to make up that outside exhaust system.

Thanks Mark you are a savior yet again, I sure wish Briggs would post a cross reference parts list, would make things easier sometimes. The manifold I have exits to the front instead of the rear (as mounted in my Max)

That is correct. It passes through the body between the tires. That number exits to starter side # 691562 exits on oil filter side. I can't find the link but search briggs and Stratton accessories and there will be a full section of exhaust in there.

will do, thanks again

Depending upon your engine model/type/code B&S pn 691502 may work, but you will have to weld/braze an elbow onto it to reach your muffler. Richards Relics sells a similar pipe with a welded elbow. Again you will need the correct flex pipe to reach the muffler. He also sells flex pipe, but it is not as flexible as the OEM pipe that came from MAX. Depending upon the muffler that you have you may have to do some fitting to get it all to work. I needed the flexpipe and muffler for my '96 MAX and ended up buying the complete exhaust from Richards Relics and it worked great. Here are photos before I put the clamps on
    Attached Images

I already have everything from the 16hp I'm swapping out so hopefully one of my techs at work can cut off the old manifold and braze on the new one

Was the old manifold damaged? 14-18 hp all use the same manifold.

No it isn't damaged at all, figured ports would be different

+ Reply to Thread