Best bang for the buck 3000lbs winch?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best bang for the buck 3000lbs winch?

The winch that Harbor Freight sells, Bad Lands Winch, have a pretty good review. I have a 3500# that works good and my father has a 12000# one on his trailer and loves it.

On amazon you can get a 3500 puns super winch "Tera winch" for about 190.

With winches you get what you pay for. I hate being stuck, if ok stuck I'm done having fun. The winch is the most important peice of recovery equipment you carry.

Light
    Steel gears (harbor freight has plastic)
    Low amp daw
    Fast line speed

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003COTFS4

Is a warn winch better? Probbanaly. But the Tera winch will drag me out of anything just like the super winch. Get the super winch Tera winch, and upgrade to an optima battery. You will be berry happy

UPGRADE BATTERIES TOO SO YOU DON'T BURN YOU WINCH UP!!!
    Alaska floating atvs group on face book. Fixing help and trail rides!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alaska.AATVs/

85ish Argo 8x8 geo metro engine, hdi axles and 3 bearings per axle.

78 ford bronco... 460 lockers.... "Alaskan tow vehicle"

ATV = Alaska Terain Vehicle

I just trashed a Harbor Freight winch. No more of those. Anyone use a Champion 4500 (about 35lbs)? Good reports on these.
    Last edited by shot410ga; 02-25-2014 at 03:29 PM.

I have had a harbor freight winch and found that if it is on of the old models,they do have bad reviews. The new badland winches have had very good reviews and even received a award from 4x4 magazine for being a very strong very rugged winch this year.(2013) not 2014. So they have improved. I burned up one of the old style harbor freights the first year I used it just by plowing the snow on my quad I had at the time,but I had a warranty on it and took it back and they gave me a new model and man what a difference it made.So I would not turn your nose up on harbor freight just yet, I would give the badlands winch a try and see how you like it. I think you will be surprised how they changed a lot. I am very happy with the performance it has shown me every time I have got my self stuck. You just might be surprised. This is just my opinion.
    UJ the DisabledSportsman

+ Reply to Thread