A Stock racers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: A Stock racers

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I can post a picture of a pile of parts. So far that's where my A stock progress lies.
    Don , a pile of parts??? unless you ran it into a tree it sure looked like a running machine in the video..
    Or maybe the machine in the video is such a cheater you are now feeling guilty.
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Ha! Thanks, but I know it's a bit over the top in the those pictures. I've since been able to get it tweaked in a bit better, but it'll still need a bit more work.

I can change the overall shape of the diffuser/collector all I want but the dimensions need to stay the same, so you get what you get from a length standpoint.

I wish somebody else would post some more pictures of A/Stock builds. We all like to see what other people are working on, and the idea of keeping it all a "big secret" seems a bit ridiculous. We all like seeing what folks are building. I'm beginning to think it's just going to be Sharkey's Terrible Tiger and me going around the track.
    Mike the chamber came out really well. So the R motor puts out about 27HP. Is that with or without the chamber????

My "A" 4 stroke stock build will commence next month. Most of the parts are here. having a bit of a challenge with making a throttle cable for the Mikuni
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    Mike the chamber came out really well. So the R motor puts out about 27HP. Is that with or without the chamber????

My "A" 4 stroke stock build will commence next month. Most of the parts are here. having a bit of a challenge with making a throttle cable for the Mikuni
    Thanks Jersey. I wish this was an "R" engine, but it's just a lowly old 295. I don't have the crank stuffer, airflow deflector or fancy angle-plug head. This one's pretty fresh though, so I hope it makes somewhere between 25-30 useable horsepower. I know they're darn expensive at this point, but have you considered just getting a Max-style throttle cable and drilling out the cap on the Mikuni to accept the larger thread size? I think they work great, and that's what I'm running on the little VM32 in the A/stock. The cable length I find good for Attex machines is the Buffalo Truck sized-unit.

I've seen what Don has turned a pile of parts into in the past. I think he focused on getting the /Mod category knocked out of the park before he wasted time on the Teeny-Tike class. I hope to get /Mod completed in the next month. I'd love to NOT have it come down to the last minute per usual.

Yeah; I was just joking about the "A stock" in the video. That's a little outside the rules even for me. So far I've made the pile of A stock parts into a bigger pile of A stock parts. Progress! After seeing Mike's stocker, I can see that I have have serious work ahead.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

600_6288b.jpgMy A-Stock entry - Amphibious ATV Pictures[/url]

I wish somebody else would post some more pictures of A/Stock builds. We all like to see what other people are working on, and the idea of keeping it all a "big secret" seems a bit ridiculous. We all like seeing what folks are building. I'm beginning to think it's just going to be Sharkey's Terrible Tiger and me going around the track.
    Here's my "A-Stock Racer"

As you can see, it's still a parts pile too. The last big thing it needs is a cage. That will probably start in a few weeks.

I was thinking of calling it "SuperHawk" since it will flip-flop between running with a one-lung 4-stroke and a G50B.

As you can tell, the 4-stroke is not an OH160. My Tech assures me that it will be comparable in HP to the 2-stroke engines running in the A-stock class. I hope the officials agree.

The frame and tub have been modified to accept the 1.25 titanium axles from Apache Gear. I'm still deciding on tires which will be the last major investment.
    Last edited by George; 04-14-2016 at 06:22 PM.
    Banned

Ha! Thanks, but I know it's a bit over the top in the those pictures. I've since been able to get it tweaked in a bit better, but it'll still need a bit more work.

I can change the overall shape of the diffuser/collector all I want but the dimensions need to stay the same, so you get what you get from a length standpoint.

I have the Starcraft in pieces, the engine out of the springer and have not chosen a chassis yet for the A-Stock. I have been gathering parts and my pile is building....
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O. View Post
    I have the Starcraft in pieces, the engine out of the springer and have not chosen a chassis yet for the A-Stock. I have been gathering parts and my pile is building....
    Gee, Matt too many choices, we all should have your problem. for your "A" If you want a little more leg room then maybe a Hustler, or Max 4. Or maybe go unique with a centipede, chaparral or wedge.
    Acta non verba

I have been thinking Chaparral..... but there are a few other unique options as well.
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

if i could find a 242cc g-25a i would drop it in the racer and rebuild a new D-stock machine for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Attachment 14622My A-Stock entry - Amphibious ATV Pictures[/url]

Here's my "A-Stock Racer"

As you can see, it's still a parts pile too. The last big thing it needs is a cage. That will probably start in a few weeks.

I was thinking of calling it "SuperHawk" since it will flip-flop between running with a one-lung 4-stroke and a G50B.

As you can tell, the 4-stroke is not an OH160. My Tech assures me that it will be comparable in HP to the 2-stroke engines running in the A-stock class. I hope the officials agree.

The frame and tub have been modified to accept the 1.25 titanium axles from Apache Gear. I'm still deciding on tires which will be the last major investment.
    George i don't see the turbo kit we talked about. it should be legal, it works just like an expansion chamber on Mike's racer.
    Acta non verba

+ Reply to Thread