any ideas

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any ideas

any ideas

Does anyone have any ideas on why my 84 argo IC keeps blowing roll pins on the right side only. I have never had to replace a pin on the left drive but have been through almost 20 pins on the right side. Just last weekend alone I had all the pins on the right side go on a outing with out any warning other than when I completely stopped moving. Managed to get a pin in two of the axles to limp it back to the trailer but even these broke as I was driving it up on the trailer. It had all new bearings on the machine and the chains have all been replaced.

maybe your sprockets arent aligned? are you using the same pins as you have on the left side? the only other thing i can think of is maybe the left hand side idler chain is bad or somehow the majority of the power is on the right side drive chains? do you have to constantly correct your path or it even maybe diff tires on one side or lower psi on one side vs the other side? these are the only reasons i can think of. hope i helped. by the way answer back on my blowing fuse thread!

oh and sorry Aahicnow... i didnt realize you replied on my post thanks though!

Are you using spiral spring pins or roll pins? Are the holes in axles or sprockets out of round? Are the tires indexed? Are you running tracks?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Ok
    Roll pins, it had bolts in it at one time but it, but I put proper pins back in it.
    Holes out of round, possibly.
    Indexed, no I have a hard enough time just to keep air in the tires (both sides btw)
    Tracks yes Channel tracks.

All of the above, put bolts back in.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Can do Jim but any idea why only the one side?

Could be the tension of the track, diameter difference, chain tension, many many other things or all of them, or, could just be that side sees more braking due to terrain.
    Without eliminating each one individually its a guessing game but I would start by removing roll pins as they don't seem to hold up, when I did mine years ago, going back to the spiral pin helped.

+ Reply to Thread