Super tracks for a 8x8 frontier

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Super tracks for a 8x8 frontier

Super tracks for a 8x8 frontier

I just bought a new 2018 frontier 8x8 and I'm thinking I will likely get tracks for it next fall for ice fishing. I was thinking 18" rubber. Anyway, is it correct that you just have to turn the tires around and mount them reversed to be able to fit the 18" tracks on them? I have the 24" x 10" tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey K View Post
    I just bought a new 2018 frontier 8x8 and I'm thinking I will likely get tracks for it next fall for ice fishing. I was thinking 18" rubber. Anyway, is it correct that you just have to turn the tires around and mount them reversed to be able to fit the 18" tracks on them? I have the 24" x 10" tires.
    The 18” rubber track kit for your machine requires NO SPACERS so you are good to go.
    My 2016 tracks requires the spacers and has them installed.

Thank-you.
    Several years ago I had a set of standard 12" tracks in plastic and I was never too impressed with them.
    I was hoping the rubber would fit on this new machine.

Thank-you.
    Several years ago I had a set of standard 12" tracks in plastic and I was never too impressed with them.
    I was hoping the rubber would fit on this new machine.
    Yup...pony up the $$ the first time and be happy! I went round and round forever with this track and that track and am very happy with the 18” rubber for New Hampshire winter conditions. Best combo for ice fishing bar none!

I have had the rubber tracks for the past 4-5 years and they are great. I did add the ice cleat kit but think that I will be adding ice studs this year as there are some hills I cannot get up with very hard packed ice.
    I mean hills that you have a hard time walking up.

Woooooaaaahhhh! It depends on when your machine was made during 2018 if your machine came with the offset/reversable rims and the big 1.375" diameter axles. I was glad to find out that my 2018 Frontier 8x8 LE was made later in the year and had the upgrades. Here are the parts manuals from the Argo Adventure Web site that out line the serial number cut offs.

2018 From Serial No 40943 Frontier 8x8 S Parts Manual (Feb 2018) (1.25" Axles / Bearings - Std Rims)
    2018 From Serial No 41791 Frontier 8x8 S Parts Manual (Feb 2018) (1.375" Axles / Bearings - Offset Rims)

So if your machine was made earlier in the year and does not have the off set/reversable rims than you need to run spacers on the stadanrd rims with 18" tracks.
    The easiest way to tell if you have the off set/reversable rims is if they have a air fill stem on both sides. You can reach around the front and back rim on the machine and feel for the stem on tht side.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Woooooaaaahhhh! It depends on when your machine was made during 2018 if your machine came with the offset/reversable rims and the big 1.375" diameter axles. I was glad to find out that my 2018 Frontier 8x8 LE was made later in the year and had the upgrades. Here are the parts manuals from the Argo Adventure Web site that out line the serial number cut offs.

2018 From Serial No 40943 Frontier 8x8 S Parts Manual (Feb 2018) (1.25" Axles / Bearings - Std Rims)
    2018 From Serial No 41791 Frontier 8x8 S Parts Manual (Feb 2018) (1.375" Axles / Bearings - Offset Rims)

So if your machine was made earlier in the year and does not have the off set/reversable rims than you need to run spacers on the stadanrd rims with 18" tracks.
    The easiest way to tell if you have the off set/reversable rims is if they have a air fill stem on both sides. You can reach around the front and back rim on the machine and feel for the stem on tht side.
    Thanks for that...leave it to ODG to add confusion to the mix. When I bought the tracks from my dealer, the instructions that came with them were WRONG. I hesitated cutting the tracks until I was sure about the length to cut them at (too short and $4500 down the toilet) finally, one person at the dealership came up with the CORRECT set of instructions for the track build/install. That, and when I got all the boxes home, the SPACERS AND EXTENSION STUDS were not there! Another call and they overnighted them to me...

+ Reply to Thread