G50B Question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: G50B Question

G50B Question

Chaparral G50B, Is the spark plug wire replaceable on the coil or do I need a new coil? If I need a coil to fix the broken plug wire, were is the best place to purchase one?
    Thanks, Mike CJ-Ate

the wire is replaceable they screw into the coil just remember to use a solid core wire.

Figured that out shortly after the post. Does the spark plug boot end unscrew as well?
    Thanks, Mike

they just push on .

I might have a few coils laying around.
    Banned

Thanks George, but it is just the wire is broken. Is the wire considered 5mm or 7mm? Measures 7mm outside as best I can tell.
    24-8776 - 5MM Spark Plug Wire, 10'Coil | Lawn Mower Parts | MFG Supply
    24-8775 - 7MM Spark Plug Wire 10'Coil | Lawn Mower Parts | MFG Supply
    Thanks again for the input, Mike

I picked up some standard automotive plug wires when my originals went bad and they're doing just fine....but my G50Bs have been converted to a CDI setup. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Mine are marked 7mm.
    Banned

Well I guess I spoke too soon. New wires and the engine still has a miss/running on 1 cylinder. Is there a way to bench test the coils? I'm sure by pulling the plugs I can tell which one is not firing.

If you pull the plugs and see which one's not firing, then switch your coils and check again you can tell. If the fault follows the coil, you've found the problem and if not, it's probably under the flywheel.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Looks like its a coil going bad. Swapped the coils and it ran perfect, swapped them back and it was the same old 1 cylinder. Tried the swap again and no luck. Same coil (red wire) always has a wet plug. Are coils available to purchase? If so were?

+ Reply to Thread