Originally posted by amphibious drew
View Post
Good point. I called Beaver Dam Argo to check on the price of the rubber belted tracks with UHMW grousers and then asked about the price it would cost to fit an Argo Frontier 6x6. I was quoted a price of $2,500. Adair Argo sales uses a 1.5" inch, UHMW Grouser that extends more than half way down the side wall of the tire to prevent the Adair tracks from walking off of the tire for $2,500. In contrast , Beaver Dam Argo only uses one inch grousers and with no visible grouser side wrap on the tires that I can see.
Adair Argo sales are now on their 12th generation of tracks, and are always looking for improvements to bring their tracks to another level of improvement. Competition is good if you can buy a comparable product cheaper and --->with the same quality <----, but this is'nt the case I see with the Beaver dam , UHMW, rubber belted tracks. In my opinion you are taking a step backwards to buy a track that won't work as well, and for the same price in cost
....looks just like some of the early prototypes that adair built...can't see where the performance will be any better than the antique ESCargo design and it looks as though they have retained many of the basic design flaws of the ESCargo track... but the change of material should be a big improvement in weight and less likely to damage or tear up the machine when they fall off
Leave a comment: