Trailering with windshield up

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trailering with windshield up

Trailering with windshield up

Is it ok to trailer you argo with the windshield up? I am planning to build a cab and want to use the stock windshield for the front part but do not want to fold it down each time I trailer it. Will it tale the wind going down the interstate? Also my plastic windshield is all yellow does anyone have a good idea for fixing it.

I trailered my Attex about an hour and a half each way with the windshield up. It didn't give me any problems, but the gas milage was not good. I haven't taken it anywhere since so I don't know how much better it would have been with the windshield down.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I would not recomend it, it puts a lot of stress on the frame, and a bouncing rock will get it eventually. Also traveling with a soft top on can damage the top. It flaps and vibrates, causing the fabric to weaken and tear. The previous owner of one of my machines traveled with the top up, and it's pretty much runed.

It can be done without damage if you cover the whole works with a tarp (I prefer canvas for this), that will keep everything clean and stable.

RD

I plan to make a hard cab around the windshield.

That's the ticket. Are you fabricating it with Aluminium?

Just a suggestion, but some guys have soft covers that snap over the face of the windshield to protect the window from dirt and rocks.

RD

I think I am going to use light weight channel iron and cover it with some form of hard plastic. The doors are going to slide up and down in a channel so I dont have to mess with hinges. I may only put one door in to make it even simpler. I am going to use it for winter hunting so I need heat.

Hi I'm not sure you need all the extra weight just to keep in the heat.I builtan aluminum roof ,with fold up winsheild .On the sides I use 42'' canvas belly tarp & have been moose hunting at-35 cel and had water on floor.I was going to put a heater aboard but haven't seen a need for it yet. robin

+ Reply to Thread