New Argo Day

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Argo Day

New Argo Day

Yesterday I was able to pick up my new Argo that I traded in my old Avenger for. It was about 1 month wait without anything as there was a part shipment delay. This one is a demo 2019 Avenger 800 (HT). I added a windshield, top and dual winches. I already had rubber tracks that I kept from my old machine.

This is my first time driving the Admiral trans and wow it is so smooth and easier turn. I have only about 5 mins on the machine as I had to park it last night and head out to a dinner. I think that the Admiral in High and Skid in Low is going to be perfect for how I use this machine. It is mostly a work truck and I do not really take it places per sa. That might change now thou as this machine with the rear winche can get me out of the ice should I drop in.

Today we were supposed to get snow but it has turned into rain and it is just miserable outside at the moment. Hoping that it turns to snow so that I can head out to the lake and plow an ice rink and skating loop.

Looking to add a dual battery setup as I plow a ton and some led lights so I can see when the plow is up. Also looking to fab up a trunk with top of sorts so that the back area is covered and has a top platform with a lip all the way around where I can secure stuff I carry around a lot but below would be dry and protected for other stuff that is not used that often.

image000001.jpg

nice argo! also what makes you think you will need a dual batt setup for plowing?

Quote Originally Posted by puzle View Post
    Yesterday I was able to pick up my new Argo that I traded in my old Avenger for. It was about 1 month wait without anything as there was a part shipment delay. This one is a demo 2019 Avenger 800 (HT). I added a windshield, top and dual winches. I already had rubber tracks that I kept from my old machine.

This is my first time driving the Admiral trans and wow it is so smooth and easier turn. I have only about 5 mins on the machine as I had to park it last night and head out to a dinner. I think that the Admiral in High and Skid in Low is going to be perfect for how I use this machine. It is mostly a work truck and I do not really take it places per sa. That might change now thou as this machine with the rear winche can get me out of the ice should I drop in.

Today we were supposed to get snow but it has turned into rain and it is just miserable outside at the moment. Hoping that it turns to snow so that I can head out to the lake and plow an ice rink and skating loop.

Looking to add a dual battery setup as I plow a ton and some led lights so I can see when the plow is up. Also looking to fab up a trunk with top of sorts so that the back area is covered and has a top platform with a lip all the way around where I can secure stuff I carry around a lot but below would be dry and protected for other stuff that is not used that often.

Attachment 17881
    Very nice! Good luck with the new beast!

Congratulations on your new machine.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

looks like your ready to tackle anything .. neat machine ! j.b.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    nice argo! also what makes you think you will need a dual batt setup for plowing?
    I have a OP Yellow Top in my old machine with a plug in battery charger mounted under the seat. Each night I would just plug it in and would be good to go.
    But with this new machine I'm thinking I will be making longer trips to plow some ice rinks for neighbours on the lake and will be adding lights and possibly other accessories.
    I want to have peace of mind that should I be far away plowing for the day or if I drop thru the ice and have to winch out that I will always have power to get home.
    I might look at the Alt Kit as that would help a lot but still not as comfortable as a stand alone starting battery.

I also think that I will be adding Gold Digger Ice studs to go thru the ice cleats (saw this mentioned in a post on here) as today I was doing the skating on steep hills.
    I was out today plowing for about 3 hours (we have has a lot of snow the past month) and was very happy with the machine. Still amazing how well it performs.

Ya i can see an alternator being a option but only if u have heater,wiper,winch,lights etc all running around the same time. led lights dont draw much WATTAGE but i see where you are coming from. Definitely an aux battery is a good choice and ALOT cheaper!!

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    Definitely an aux battery is a good choice and ALOT cheaper!!
    This is what I was thinking. I have a crazy large area to plow and it takes a lot of time so I can drain the battery a lot and I'm not running it wide open enough to charge it back.
    That is where the ALT kit would help. I was thinking about a heater but with the canvas top it get warm inside so do not think I will go that path.
    I'm not sure why they have not switched to LED for the stock headlights.

ya ive wondered why everything new coming out dont have LED lights. some people prefer that pool of yellow light in front of them tho just the same.

Congrats! That is a beautiful machine. I would get the alternator kit. They do a great job at charging even at idle. I rather take the charger with me because you never know how long you might be out or how big of a job you might encounter. They are pricey, but worth it IMHO.

I love the idea of a rear winch. My new Frontier LE has the quick disconnect winch that you can put on the rear hitch, but I almost think it would be nice just to have a rear one mounted all the time.

+ Reply to Thread