InterMediate shaft issue ??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: InterMediate shaft issue ??

InterMediate shaft issue ??

I'm not sure if that is what it is called. I'm talking about the shaft w/sprockets that are right after the T-20. that "chain down" to power all the other axles???

When I try to turn left if sounds like the chains are jumping. We pulled the upper tub and the chain is really loose,,sprockets don't look the best either.

How do you get this assembly out w/o removing the T-20 ???? Is this shaft assembly available from anywhere??

if it's a max 2 you are probably talking about the '' jackshaft '' . the chain tensions are adjustable both the ones from the t-20 and the ones going down to the center axle. if the sprockets are really worn , no point in tightening up the chains real tight . i have never removed a jackshaft but someone will guide you in the right direction . if it's not a max...then someone else can guide you. johnboy va.

yes it is a max 2

on the plates the jackshafts connect to , there are 2 bolts with nuts that pull the shaft back to tighten the t 20 chains and 2 bolts that pull the jackshaft up to tighten chains connecting to the axles. loosen the nuts that hold the jackshaft tight to the mounting plates then tighten the nuts that '' pull '' the chains tighter . then retighten the mounting plate nuts . make sure and adjust both nuts the same in order to keep the jackshaft '' parallel '' both horizontal and vertical . hopes this helps. maybe there is a video on it on u tube ... j.b.

Removing the jackshaft is just as easy as adjusting it. Remove the chain master links. Remove the adjuster nuts. Remove the mounting plate nuts. It will come out after that. Keep track of where washers are on the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    Removing the jackshaft is just as easy as adjusting it. Remove the chain master links. Remove the adjuster nuts. Remove the mounting plate nuts. It will come out after that. Keep track of where washers are on the shaft.
    +
    The center shafts slide inside the battery box through the hole.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread