1973 Cushman Trackster

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1973 Cushman Trackster

1973 Cushman Trackster

This is a Series 2 Marsh model. Only 500 of these were made. This one was purchased several years ago in northern Michigan where is was used as an ice fishing vehicle. It is registered and titled as a boat in NY (registration and insurance are current). This machine excels in extremely bad conditions especially swamp and muck.
    I upgraded the machine with a new seat, new seat mounts, seat belts and a 1.5” cage to protect occupants. I also removed the original 2 stroke motor and replaced it with a Honda GX-670 (24 HP) motor. There is also an ATV winch on the front and a trailer hitch on the back. I built a custom plow mount for the machine that mounts a 70” snowplow with manual angle. The plow is very well built and the machine does a nice job plowing due to the zero turn radius. There is a quick connect on the plow so you can leave the frame on but take the plow off in the winter (with no bolt removal).
    The body is in good condition, there was damage to the front from an ice fishing auger (cracks can be seen in the pics). This was epoxied with marine epoxy. There are some chips and dings but overall very solid. The tracks are also serviceable, there are no major tears, some small ones but they have not been an issue. Some bogey wheels need new bearings and the boogies could use some TLC, however it has never thrown a track and drives well.
    Included with this machine are the original owner’s manual, service manual, and parts manual. Also included is the Honda GX670 service manual and a few spare parts. Parts from this machine are still available, a new company sells an updated model. If you would like more information about this machine you can look at cushman trackster.com Vintage Trackster or RangeRunner by Mac's Trax, Inc. | TerraTrack Grand Rapids, Michigan .
    $4,400 obo
    I have a bunch of pictures if you are interested PM me or email me and I will send them. Putting pics up on this forum has never been my strong suit.
    Nick

Is this still for sale? Any pictures?

I do still have it but I stopped actively trying to sell it. If anyone is interested or wants to see pics I suggest IM'ing me.
    Nick

+ Reply to Thread