camera mount ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: camera mount ?

Question camera mount ?

I just tested out my new camera mount from RAM today on my Max's roll bare.
    Using my panasonic camcorder I went for a little ride to try it all out. Well it was so shaky you couldn't see the image even with the stabilization on. I'm wondering what other people are using for mounts and video cameras and most importantly ware on there machine?

i think taped to their helmet as a helmet cam, i think stuck on the rollbar only works on the springers
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Racerone3 has a good rollbar mount of some kind. Most of his vids the camera is mounted behind him on the cage. Maybe he'll tell us his secret.....
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

I have a mount for my GoPro on the gas cap of my Wolf. Only shot one film but it came out good. It's mounted with 3M Double sided foam tape. The foam may help, more so that it's mounted to something not solidly mounted to the frame (and therefore the motor.) The longer the mount, the more exaggerated the vibrations would be, so if you can adjust how close to the rollbar the camera is, I'd try as close as possible.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

I run a regular camera on a CB antenna mount that clamps onto the roll bar that you can buy at any truck stop and running a bolt into the tripod hole in the camera it makes for a good solid mount but thats holding a very small camera. In the pic its the silver thing on the back of the roll cage I thought I had a better pic but I couldn't find it. it seems to work pretty well except at idle and if you hit big bumps it does get a little blurry but not horrible you can still see failry clearly. How big of a camcorder is it?
    Attached Images
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

I used a bracket that was for a r/c switch for a winch, and made a small "L" bracket to mount the camera on. The whole thing mounts to the grab handle on my t-boss. I took a couple videos, and they turned out ok.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

it's a Panasonic SDR-S50P, small and lite that records to an SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Racerone3 has a good rollbar mount of some kind. Most of his vids the camera is mounted behind him on the cage. Maybe he'll tell us his secret.....
    I'm using the GoPro camera GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports. they offer a roll bar mount, but I'm cheap so I built my own.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread