My BigMax2 Rebuilding Tread

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My BigMax2 Rebuilding Tread

My BigMax2 Rebuilding Tread

Hallo
    I have buy a Max2 with 2 Cylinder kawasaki- Engine. He is in peaces. I will bring him back to the Road. I live in South-Bavaria in the Alps. It is hard for me to write in english. Shool is out since 1980 and this was the last time they teach me english. But this here is a good reason to refresh it.
    Today i make some pictures of all the peaces i have.

It is often so that people try to refresh a vehicle. After a short time ore some small problems they dont like the job anymore and then the Vehicle waits in peaces many years in any corner of the farm. This was the destiny of my Max too. He have just 32 Hours on his clock but he looks like 3200 hours in this moment. I like jobs like this. I have a old Volkswagen Bus fom 1972 and some more things from this time. Allso one from Amerika, it is a 1983 Shovelhead FLH.
    My first Question is: Is it a good solution that the factory just 2 Bearings put on one Axle?
    I have look to a lot of pictures here in this Forum. I see in the pictures allways 4 bearings on one Axle.

Does anyone now the Type of Transmission Belt i need for my Max?

My carburator is lost. I have seen that the carburator of the Yamaha SR500 Motocycle has the same number. Can it be?

kind regards
    Frank

wow! he REALLY IS in pieces.
    i have tools, and i have hands, its the filler between my ears thats missing.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Frank,

The engine in your Max is a Kawasaki TA440A. I believe the carburetor is either a Mikuni VM32 or VM34.

I'm not sure what the number is for the belt you need, but if you contact Recreatives, they should be able to tell you. Good luck with the project, and if you need anything else, please let us know. We would be happy to help.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Good Morning to Amerika.
    Thank you for answering. To find peaces here in Bavaria is a problem. I think it is just a handfull of Max sale in Germany since the 80`s. Here in Germany we have a Manufacture called SOLO. The folks there build a 6x6 ATV like the Max. It called SOLO 750 .
    From this Type thay build 100 peaces. Nobody wants this, and so they stop the pruduction.
    Vm32 and VM34 are easy to find. We have a lot of this caburators here in ebay and other shops. Also the rubberpart, to fix the Carburator on the engine, seems to me like the same as the peace how fits the Yamaha SR 500.
    Bronce-Bushings are not the best way on a kind of axle, like they build it on the Max. I look again on the pictures and it seems to me, that is not a big problem to fit the inner bearings to my frame.
    For me it is helpfull to read your broad expiriences with the Max and other ATV`s.
    Is anybody now the meters of the jets, how installed on the Mikuni VM34 Carburator for the kawasaki TA 440A ?

I have another question. The peases on the pictures are all i have in this moment. I look yesterday to all the pictures i have from the Max2. It seems to me, that the Max2 is complete. Can anyone tell me, it`s so ore not?
    Thank you for answering.

The firt job is done. I have brush my axles, put all bearings and bushings away from this. Next step is to open the T-20 to look is anything OK in this Box.
    kind regards
    Frank

Next Step on the way back to road. Today i open my T20 GearBox. Looks very well. Just a fiber washer is demaged. It`s a really simple Gearbox. Just the Springrings are very hard to open. One of this is flying true my Workinghall like a shot from a gun.
    kind regards and happy new Year

+ Reply to Thread