Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracks

Tracks

Hello all,

I just purchased my first Argo 6x6 last week. I have been doing a ton of research on tracks and can't decide what is best for me. I plan on using my Argo to get around in the snow/mud as my property seems to get a lot of both. I also want something that I am able to take ice fishing so good traction on the ice is a necessity.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Mike

Congratulations on your new machine. The stock Adair tracks will go in 12”
    Of snow pretty good and you can add original gold ice screws to the track section that sticks out from the tub of your machine. If you use your machine with ice screws installed on asphalt , it will destroy it. I spoke to Adair when I was purchasing my tracks. Super nice and answered a lot of my questions. The 12”
    Of snow is a baseline I’m sure they can go in deeper but that’s what they told me. They also make wide extensions with ice cleats but that will be a more involved setup and more wear n tear on your machine. Gotta really think how your going to use it, what size engine etc. I have a 600 and it moves the Adair tracks no problem and I’ve been in some nasty situations. Good luck. I was thinking of originally getting beaver dam tracks but my buggy is a base model and I thought they would need more power to move and just would be brutal on land where I ride. The Adair tracks seem to cover most bases.

tracks

I run the standard Argo rubber tracks on the Aurora and have no issues on ice.
    I pretty much only use the Argo for ice fishing exclusively. Best ice shanty ever.
    Sadly it sits in a trailer for most of the other 9 months.
    Saved our asses on a surprise pressure ridge last year.

I was going to put the ice cleats they sell on, but there was no need.
    It does great on the ice with none as it is not an overly powerful machine.

Sorry 1 more question. Is it better to run no tracks on thick wet snow or do the tracks work on that also? Just trying to make sure I am using it the best way possible.

Thanks

I would run the tracks.

check out the '' beaver dam '' tracks if you have'nt . grousers are combination of steel and umv . may be a good combination for you for mud , snow and ice . johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by Mroseto View Post
    Sorry 1 more question. Is it better to run no tracks on thick wet snow or do the tracks work on that also? Just trying to make sure I am using it the best way possible.

Thanks
    If the wet snow is more than a few inches deep the tires dig in, the belly pan of the Argo takes all the weight and you are stuck. I use standard Argo rubber tracks in all kinds of snow and slush and they work well. The tires alone are useless.

+ Reply to Thread