Argo Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Argo Springer

I dont have a 1300lb moose laying around here either. And if I did, I would run like heck the other way.

As Whipper stated, That was great George!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I dont have a 1300lb moose laying around here either. And if I did, I would run like heck the other way.

As Whipper stated, That was great George!!!
    Thank you Whipper and Larry. I only wish I had the camera running everytime I let somebody drive it.

Larry, I don't remember your exact words after you drove it but I do remember they were positive.

I've never (honest) had anyone climb out of it dissapointed.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Larry, I don't remember your exact words after you drove it but I do remember they were positive.
    Well with a huge grin I stated, holy %@$#%@$#^@%^ thats @$%$^@^@ cool! Glad you dont remember. I dont want to be remember as a dirty guy.

Larry, I think it's called earthy. Nothing like a good expletive to express yourself sometimes. That's why you guys invented those words.

I guess all I have to say is I enjoy all the bright innovative ideas people come up with when they work. But then I can't forget that someone once said, "If man was meant to fly, he'd have wings". Imagine if we all believed that. Go figure.

Bridget

Thumbs down words of wisedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    "If man was meant to fly, he'd have wings". Imagine if we all believed that. Go figure.

Bridget
    Thank Bridget, That is a good expression. I hate it when people say "trying to re-invent the wheel". Such a negative expression. Might as well say." Dont try to make anything better. Its already good."

Good thing John Gower didnt think that way.

Thumbs down

Great video George!!!! Brings back good memories and fun times

Smile argo suspension

Hi guys,

I talk to the guys that invent this suspension. We met at an ATV show in Québec, Canada this summer. I was sceptic at first but when i saw these pics, my jaw drop to the floor... High quality job done wright.. After we met, he send me pictures and vidéos that were posted on my site. My membres were crazy about that new suspension for Argo.

The new heigh helped the owner go through more places than before even in snow with only the tires. There is one 6x6 Frontier and one 8x8 Response made at this time. The 8x8 is intended for work application, so it will be tested on real conditions.

The goal of this suspension was to be abble to have a softer ride, save our back from bumps and holes, keep the machine as narrow as they can to keep his agility and ability to go in tight and nasty places. It`s tracks friendly because here we use them all winter long in deep snow trails. At last this kit doesn`t need any other holes to be bolted on.They didn`t try a moose in it for sure and at this point and i don`t think this was one of the intended goal.

I folowed all of Whipper`s and Bridget`s springers build-up on this site. The result is a hell of a job and his rigs are still running high and strong. My hats- of to those guys who try to innovate and create something better for our one of a kind amphibious beasts

Martwell
    The French AATV connection
    sentier 6x6 forum

That was one of the best videos posted on this site. Hydromike's comment was the best though. "Everything else is stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunt81 View Post
    This idea dawned on my the other day, I thought this would be just as good a place than any to ask you guys what you think about the idea.

These ATV track system like this LiteFoot ATV Rubber Track Conversion Systems
    Has anyone every thought about installing these on a 6x6. It can only be done on a springer, I think this would give added hieght and comfort to a springer. Just an idea I wanted to throw out there. A 6x6 with 6 of these tracks, I think, would be a heck of a machine.

Now who will be the one to protype it Whipper??
    You can't skid steer them!

Here are my thoughts on the matter: Ground clearance is King, and a smooth ride to boot is great. This system was designed to keep the A-arms and drive system away from the mud and snow as long as tracks are used. This system would probably be more be more durable with tracks than stock axles. As long as you are using tracks I see nothing but advantages since the tracks would displace any extra weight. As far as performance in mud and snow i doubt that any other machine would beat this system. If your intention is to swim with it than you probably would make a bad mistake with this system, but for every other form of off road performance this system looks like it is tops!
    Last edited by Mike; 01-15-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts (you can reply to everyone at once using the multi-quote button(s) )

I was told about this thread, and wow, did I miss a lot in my absence. I like this system in that it does not add significant width, for trails that's great. And it looks to be quite heavy duty. Like everyone else has been pointing out, to each their own. I personally am not looking to go Argo, I like the lighter quicker Attexes, but I drove Cole's and Lewis's 8x8s at Busco and they are AWESOME machines, like mini-tanks, their close to unstopable. If I get into hunting or deep woods trips its ARGO TIME (Boy, do I need cash ).
    Now, I drove George's springer a while back, just for a couple minutes, but HOLY #)&@)%&!!! IT'S SWEET! Steers great (Takes getting used to but better response and less "tippy"), and FLOATS over the ground! I am officially addicted and I don't even have one(WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT $$$?? )
    If I'm riding in my back-yard swamp ( "Putnam Pit" videos are here somewhere and "The Pit 6x6" on Youtube) NO springer will make it through the swampy narrow trails, even that argo will snag and have a heck of a time. BUT on the 140 acres of logging trails behind me, they'd be awesome. Speed is limited only by how hard you dare hit the ruts and bumps, with a springer, who cares? It's wide open so floor it and feel the smile grow

So you simply need to ask yourself: How do I want to drive?
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread