2006 Argo Avenger with T20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Argo Avenger with T20

2006 Argo Avenger with T20

Today, I purchased a 2006 Argo Avenger. It is the tundra color with a 26HP Kohler motor and the Low 3.3 transmission. Ever since my wife first got to drive 6x6 World member Lewis' Avenger 3 years ago (or more), she told me she wanted one. At the time, they were beyond my budget but as the prices began to fall, I started looking for deals online. I found a few but they were always several hundred miles away.

Lewis caught wind that I was looking for one and he is good friends with Ken Bost, an Argo dealer in Rockwell, NC. The owner of the Avenger that I purchased was looking to upgrade to a new HDI so he brought this one to Ken to fix a few issues before he sold it. Ken and Lewis immediately got in touch with me before they touched this 8x8 and I ended up buying it as it sat knowing that it had a few things that needed to be fixed.

All of the local Argo guys always talk about how much Ken helps them out and how incredibly nice he is and it is definitely true. Ken went out of his way to talk to me for several hours about the machine and he even met me at his shop on a day he was closed so I could look at this Avenger. All of this and Ken didn't make a dime off of me, he let me deal with the owner directly. He even steam cleaned the 8x8 for me. I can't say enough good things about Ken.

As for the Avenger, this will be my wife's main ATV now. In the short term, I need to replace the chains and change the fluids. There are a few small things that need to be fixed as well. The original owner used it for duck hunting and left it muddy. I don't think it was ever washed until Ken washed it. The original owner had also spray painted it to camouflage it and while the steam cleaning got most of the paint off, it still needs some elbow grease here and there.

Long term plans will be some aggressive tires and a hopped up motor and maybe (just maybe) a T20. Overall I am really happy with the purchase and more importantly, my wife is happy with the purchase. It's good to have an Argo in the fleet. Thanks again to Lewis and Ken for helping me to spend some money.

Last edited by Mike; 12-09-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: changed thread title as I decided to put a T20 in the Avenger

Mike,
    Nice ride, it's good to know that there are still dealers/ people out there that will go out of thier way to help someone. I may get in touch with them to replace some items on my ARGO. I'm in SC for the next several months and that's not that far away. (TO Me)LOL
    Once again looks good and congrats.
    Bob

congrats

nice!....is it going to busco?

Very nice machine Mike, I am sure Jenifer will enjoy the smoother ride and mobility of an 8x8. I think your going to be very happy with the reliability. ken Bost going the extra mile to get you a nice machine is very commendable.

Mike, Congrats on the new Argo! I believe you will like it just the way it is. Ken Bost is great,he has talked to me about Argo issues and I'm clear up here in OH.

Joe.

Mike
    From where I sit I would say it is time to break out the drill and make this into a key fob.

Mark

Congrats Mike

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    nice!....is it going to busco?
    No, it needs some chain before I take it out for some serious riding.

Quote Originally Posted by MAX IV Mark View Post
    From where I sit I would say it is time to break out the drill and make this into a key fob.
    That's a good idea.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Nice looking machine!!

+ Reply to Thread