Conquest Alternator Kit Review

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Conquest Alternator Kit Review

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    ok so after sitting back and thinking this through the install is done.with the rad out the brackets and alternator go in pretty easy.the instructions tell you to remove all the bolts from the fly wheel shroud but only take out the bigger ones.after you have the kit installed and the wires routed out of harms way re-connect the brake blower hose.then pop the grommets back through the fan shround and rad bracket.this can be slid back in as one unit if you pull the rubber ducting out of the way.slide the rad/shroud assembly in slightly from the front so the bottom rad fitting clears the bracket.after i put the hoses back on,re-connected the battery and put the coolant back in,the machine started and idled without the red light blinking.showed a full charge on the gauge.hope this helps someone else and sorry for not posting pictures but they showed nothing anyhow.
    It will be well worth the trouble. I can't imagine my conquest w/o the alternator kit. I'm pretty sure it saved my butt (including my families butt) this winter when I had to do a long winch up and over a downed tree in the snow. On the one side of the machine was almost a shear drop off. The tree was at the "perfect" angle to force the machine to slide laterally towards the drop off as I tried to go over it. Moral of the story...winches good- alternator kit awesome!

I don't mean to hijack this thread but how difficult is the alternator kit install on an avenger?

Started installing the conquest alt kit yesterday evening.. Spent 5 hours on it tonight.. all I can say is this has made me cuss and fuss in a few hours then I have all year and last year. I am stuck trying to get the top bolt that goes from the adjuster to the alt. ot everything else pretty much done.. Only really crappy thing is that I had to remove the front lower rad bracket. it will not fit back in with the alt bracket.. So I tossed it in the pile o' junk. I left the flywheel cover on.. no need to remove it. Once, er if... I get it finished I will never do this again.

dont toss the bracket,you are in the wrong hole.i had the same trouble,had to take everything apart and re-do it.its much easier to pull the rad so you can see whats happening.even then its a real POS of a job.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    Started installing the conquest alt kit yesterday evening.. Spent 5 hours on it tonight.. all I can say is this has made me cuss and fuss in a few hours then I have all year and last year. I am stuck trying to get the top bolt that goes from the adjuster to the alt. ot everything else pretty much done.. Only really crappy thing is that I had to remove the front lower rad bracket. it will not fit back in with the alt bracket.. So I tossed it in the pile o' junk. I left the flywheel cover on.. no need to remove it. Once, er if... I get it finished I will never do this again.

Weak moment.
    Don't ban me, I'll be good

Er, um, so, now that I've read the review, maybe I'll tackle that Alternator kit that's sitting on the shelf in my shop too.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Weak moment.
    Don't ban me, I'll be good

Er, um, so, now that I've read the review, maybe I'll tackle that Alternator kit that's sitting on the shelf in my shop too.

RD

Sense!!!!!

This post doesn't make any, now that the other posts have been deleted.

Um, that was just a test to see if Mike actually reads all giberish I throw out there.

RD

Someday I'm going to get sent to Banned Camp, but at least I'll know why.

Have a good one Mike :-)
    At least I know you're reading this

yupper somethings missing.lol still waiting to see how dan67 made out.hope he didnt step out in front of a train.it is a real challenge.

yupper somethings missing.lol still waiting to see how dan67 made out.hope he didnt step out in front of a train.it is a real challenge.
    I am still here.. No desire to step in front of a train.. Yet.. But if I do, the tracks are less then 100 yards away..

I got really busy and put it on hold for the weekend. Actually plan to tackle it some more after I get the kids supper. Something is not lined up correctly..

Does the alt top bracket bolt directly on the engine or does it mount on top of the lower front rad bracket where it is bolted to the motor? The picture is not very clear. I don't know if I mentioned this yet.. but my instructions came written in gibberish.. or was it french.. So I had to download a set in english.

im sure the top bracket mounts to engine,you have to remove the little oil catcher under the oil filter.rad mount WILL NOT GO BACK ON unless you have the top bracket on correctly.i had bolts in the wrong holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    I am still here.. No desire to step in front of a train.. Yet.. But if I do, the tracks are less then 100 yards away..

I got really busy and put it on hold for the weekend. Actually plan to tackle it some more after I get the kids supper. Something is not lined up correctly..

Does the alt top bracket bolt directly on the engine or does it mount on top of the lower front rad bracket where it is bolted to the motor? The picture is not very clear. I don't know if I mentioned this yet.. but my instructions came written in gibberish.. or was it french.. So I had to download a set in english.

im sure the top bracket mounts to engine,you have to remove the little oil catcher under the oil filter.rad mount WILL NOT GO BACK ON unless you have the top bracket on correctly.i had bolts in the wrong holes.
    Yup removed the oil catcher and tossed it in the "pile o' parts". I have the bottom bracket on, that was easy to do. I had the bolts in the correct holes. The rad bottom hose fitting is bent in a funny shape and makes getting the brackets on impossible. Will remove rad and try again.

+ Reply to Thread