Project Bush Machine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Bush Machine

Project Bush Machine

hi guys, im starting a project with my argo.

Im planning to install a G10 engine from a pontiac firefly 94 efi and will put some pictures and videos while im building here and there.

Here is the beast

argo reponse 97-2.jpg

here is the engine pulled from a donor car with everything working, i had to mess up with the starter a bit but everything is all right yet.

engine-2.jpg

engine-1.jpg

and some wiring mess on the table hehe

wiring-2.jpg

more to come

24-11-2012

A box i made for protecting the ECM, will be waterproof, and shockproof

The original G10 fuel pump from the donor car, I just cut the flange plate in half and remove the fuel sender to fit on the argo tank

Hole for the fuel pump installation

result

Hood lift modification for the G10 engine, still not done yet hehe

Here is the adapter, made from 1 piece hardened shaft

and the clutch puller here

adapter bolted on the flywheel, only 3 bolts for now :P

the clutch fitted on the engine, need a shorter bolt, 7'' should do the trick

driven clutch on the transmission

I used the original trans/engine mount that im modifying for the purpose. Lowered 1.5 '' and braced for extra strength

general view of the thing, no support done yet, Im waiting for my universal alignment tool to get this done

more to come!
    Last edited by prailleraide; 01-12-2013 at 10:44 PM.

I really like tat cap you got there, the sliding doo is kool!

Should be a TBI engine right? Same as a 92 to 95. It only takes three or four wires to make it run. Make sure you have the Fuel pump relay and the Fuel injection relay

Did you see my build yet? The other G-10 build thread

There is the pin out for the ECU on my thread, all 3 pages of it. That should be all you need to hear it run
    good luck!!!

This should make it easy. i actual mean "white blue wire" of the three, it suplys power to the FI relay and the fuel pump relay.

Oh, and make sure EVERY THING is grounded, especialy the Gold colored ECM box and the coil.

Oh, and of couse you need power to the starter too...

thanks for the link and video spookum!

well this was the first day the engine was pulled off the car, my engine is running, and with no check engine signal up! polaris clutch are taper shaft? how much an adapter would cost to make ? Im pretty sure this old powerbloc i got will not handle the new engine power very long hehe

yes it is a TBI engine

there is a clip of the engine running

Last edited by Mike; 07-07-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: embedded video by using filmstrip button

Very very nice! Ill try to answer a few of your questions. 99% of all snow mobile clutches use a 10:1 taper... to the best of my knowledge. I chose Polaris becasue i know the 800s broke A LOT of cranks. The clutches from 700 and 800s are very strong, and they will easily handle anything i can throw at them. Further more, Polaris has a HUGE amount of parts to customise the clutches. Out of the box i know im going to have to drop the engagement RPM. I also have a 2003 RMK 800 so i can use that for the offset on the clutches, and more parts are always a good idea.

What kind of fuel pump are you using? I got a variable "universal fit for TBI" inline pump from NAPA. I think i saw in the video that you have the 1/4 inch return line capped off? that is rather hard on the regulator in the TBI.

Have you seen the thread of the other argo that already has the G-10 in it? There is a guy on there that builds adapters... good luck and keep it coming!

thanks for reply.

The fuel pump is the original one from the donor car. The gas return line is the transparent hose that going to the white tub, the capped hose you seen are the hoses for the heater of the car, seems to be gasoline drops but i filled the cooling circuit with water for the test i had to do.

Not sure yet what i will use as fuel pump. Probably an external pump and use the original argo gas tank and only do minor mod to it.

By the way its a long term project, I will continue to update this thread but im pretty sure this will go in late november.
    I want to be sure to keep my argo ready for the moose hunt in october so i keep the original setup for now.

Quote Originally Posted by prailleraide View Post
    thanks for reply.

The fuel pump is the original one from the donor car. The gas return line is the transparent hose that going to the white tub, the capped hose you seen are the hoses for the heater of the car, seems to be gasoline drops but i filled the cooling circuit with water for the test i had to do.

Not sure yet what i will use as fuel pump. Probably an external pump and use the original argo gas tank and only do minor mod to it.

By the way its a long term project, I will continue to update this thread but im pretty sure this will go in late november.
    I want to be sure to keep my argo ready for the moose hunt in october so i keep the original setup for now.

Your smarter than i am. Mine is completly tore down. Wish i was out scouting for moose right now! Wit any luck at all ill have mine done when you really get started on yours.... it should work out briliantly! Cant wait for moose season up here in fairbanks, where are you from?

+ Reply to Thread