ARGO Avenger - Loud brake cooler fan and fuel pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ARGO Avenger - Loud brake cooler fan and fuel pump

ARGO Avenger - Loud brake cooler fan and fuel pump

I have a 2009 Avenger and I can't seem to hear the fuel pump run prior to start-up.....even with my ear right on it.....it could be because the brake cooler fan is so bloody loud....there seems to be lot's of vibration with the brake cooler fan....it is much louder than my conquest or bigfoot.....does anyone else with an Avenger seem excessively loud??? Maybe its just an Avenger thing.

Sometimes the plastic housings can get cracked and barely rub against the fan causing it to be much louder. You may want to pull it out to inspect it or, since it's a bit of a pain to remove, at least run your hand around the housing to see if it's cracked.

Thanks Mike.....I'll take a look....I wanted to break her down for a thorough inspection at some point anyway.

Here's and update Mike: all of a sudden the brake cooler fan got real quite....so quite that I had to check that it was blowing..sure enough...no blow......it turns out the fan was completely pooched.....completely destroyed...not a single fan blade left.

...what do you think would have caused this on a 2009 with very low hours (60 hours)???

Thanks, Rick

I think the damage occurs when the front right side hits an obstacle in a certain way. The fan gets pushed and the plastic housing gets a little oblong shaped. When that happens, a fan blade will catch and it's downhill from there. That's just my guess.

Thanks Mike!!....makes sense...I did notice a gash in the housing!

+ Reply to Thread